Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Lover/Fighter
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here are two photos i found of my x1. Its a 2000 limited edition #137.This first pic is when i first got it. Since then some things have happened.

This second pic is close to what it looks like now, except i dont have the lower chin faring or the front wheel fender. some things that you dont see are:

-Proseries race headers(jet hot coated in high luster silver)
-D&D race can(very loud)
-Ditched fuel injection and converted to carb(let me know if you have an x1 and want to do this also. WAS DEFINETLY WORTH IT)
-Crane HI4E Ignition.
-I polished my own parts
-Force Winder Intake

I waiting on my bars to come in so i can switch them out. I bought a pair of moose comps for 12 buc on ebay. I also plan to kick the ass up 2-3 inches(maybe more), make a seat cowl and a whole new seat along with it. I plan to keep the solid alum subframe thats on it now but i got a brake light from a suzuki sv1000 that i want to install. If i cant get the light to look right then ill get rid of the subframe and fab up my own. I have not decided on the color yet. ive played with many ideas. One was to go flat black but anodize red some things and powder coat the rims red. I could also go flat black, keep the rims bare alum and anodize like my rocker covers and controls. ethier way im aiming towards black red.

·
VTR fighter
1,391 Posts
Re: project Sleipnir

Nice bike man, keep us updated on the progress, Whats your future mods??

·
E=MC Vagina
6,908 Posts

looks killer man post up some more pics so we can see the rest of it.....also,mabey im a retard but why was the carb conversion a plus?

·
VTR fighter
1,391 Posts

Cool pics man, yeah good question, why is carb a plus?

·
Lover/Fighter
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

looks killer man post up some more pics so we can see the rest of it.....also,mabey im a retard but why was the carb conversion a plus?
True FI is better than carb if we are talking about effenciency, there ability to take into account many different factors and adjust themselves and they are not really that hard to work with once you understand how FI works but i changed anyways.The main reason, im a cheap bastard and dynos are expensive but i have more plans for the engine as far as displacement and trying to improve volumetric efficiency. The cv carb is real easy to tune and it really is a versitle little gizmo .It does take work, time, trial and error but once there dialed in properly itll put a smile on your face. Also im not sure of the current buells but older tube frames with FI were problematic. It was always something new from an 02 sensor, the ecm, to a fuel pump going bad wich was what tipped me.

so now i can put a new part, tune the carb myself by either riding and switching jets or borrow a wide ban 02 sensor(not as fun though). I do have a linear 02 sensor and a autometer a/f gauge on it now but there only good for wide open trottle. In short it was a plus for this bike and for my intentions.

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts

I heard the early X1's fuel injection removed the trademark Buell bottom end stonk, and it took a couple years to give it back the slug of torque. Looking good, just ditch that ugly ass cowling!

·
Lover/Fighter
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i agree. in a way i want to keep it to have some aerodynamics. it works better than you would expect at keeping the wind away when you get close to the tank. you see i live about an hour away from were i work so when i take my bike to work theres no playing around, im flying all the way to work.(i dont like to wake up a minute ealier than 4:30) and so it nice to belly down and not have the wind fighting my helmet. although i do want to reevaluate it. any ideas for a light set up and wind screen?

·
Fully Qualified Asshole
1,870 Posts

is that a billet back end? like one piece?

·
GURU
8,827 Posts

the rear ends are cast i believe
yep. only the early bikes(pre99 i think) had glass rear ends. those were some ferocious(and problematic) bikes. I would love to have a buell as a street bike. I spent a bit of time on a worked over 01 and it was great around town. Its mean when you let it idle on the side stand too, just wants to knock it self over:)

I kinda like the stock bikini fairing myself. you could tilt it back a little but ive always enjoyed the look of it.

maybe you could find one from a speed triple and trim the little sides off it

http://www.roadcarvin.com/sites/default/files/images/SpeedTriple_cs.jpg

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts

i think the subframes on those bikes look out of place. . . might fit in better if you paint it red to match.

Reactions: Phoebe

·
Lover/Fighter
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Tru i could use some paint but what bothers me the most is the damn banana seat. the make a short version of the subframe http://www.adrenalinmoto.co.uk/prods/16.html but it real pricey. I plan of getting rid of the red but i dont want to just paint over it. there are alot of guys who would kill for the strip edition on buell forums so ill probly trade some lucky bastard for his plastics and then paint those. This weekend im gonna go in the garage and just start stripping it down and see where that takes me.

·
Lover/Fighter
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I Decided to keep the current subframe and here is the angle i may roll with. it does look to high so i may go down a tad
349159986_1199881372_0.jpeg

i used some steel to make an extender. here it is mocked up
349159782_1199880626_0.jpeg

this is the light that is normally has but ill be replacing it with a sv taillight and integrate the turn sigs
349159898_1199881048_0.jpeg

the light i got from ebay for around thirty with shipping
349160515_1199883243_0.jpeg

·
Lover/Fighter
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I did strip it down. and i mocked up the moose racing bars. they look awesome but the cross brace(which i want to keep) prevents my gauges from mounting. Does anyone know of a cheap gauge solution? all i need is speed and rpm. and ways here is also a photoshop of the paint job im considering.

349160589_1199883481_0.jpeg

349160639_1199883643_0.jpeg

arf.jpg

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts

forks look a little too red. other than that looks good.

check out the forum sponsors for gauges. thers lots of options. lots of people have used and reviewed gauges too. use the search for gauges.

·
Lover/Fighter
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I started painting tonight with dupli color bed liner and i gotta say its pretty much the shiznit. i read a funny quote from Goon73 in one of his post "Duplicolor spray can bed liner..... the paint god himself designed!". Anyways pics to come soon. Oh and i decided for now to stick with the stock guages. The faring i cut down 1 1/2" to make it almost flush with the gauges. I would like to drop the faring and gauges all together but im in the military and i have to maintain the gauges(at least at my present command). Any ways this site is pretty much the shiznit also lots of good info here

1 - 20 of 74 Posts