Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Lover/Fighter
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Re: project Sleipnir

Well i got alot of parts in. still need some turbo odds and ends and waiting on my new axtell cylinders and forged pistons to arrive. Before i turbo anything i want to do the proper break in then ill address the turbo. Tonight i worked on my new light set up. It is a Acerbis Vision headlight i modified.

Started as this......

Then i modified it to have a projector light.

hope to mount it and the new gauge tomoro. I like this headlight because it matches the shape of the gas tank better.

·
23 Posts

that buell dont look like any slippery 8 legged horse i ever fuckin seen......but looks good anyway

you odin worshipin mofo.......lol

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts

Nice work! I love what you did with the Acerbis headlight. :)

Btw, I've seen the all-carbon version of your bike that Shift mentioned. It's badass. Someone rode it to a Euro bike show. Obviously it wasn't in the show. Here's my pic of it:

·
Lover/Fighter
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

Well it been awhile because i got held up alot on this bike. This is the project 90% complete. I still have nitrous to add, some cosmetics stuff, wide band o2 gauge, and finish tuning it. For now here are my updated mods list.

-Pro-series race headers(jet hot coated in high luster silver)
-D&D race can
-Ditched fuel injection and converted to carb(let me know if you have an x1 and want to do this also. WAS DEFINETLY WORTH IT)
-Pirelli Diablo Corsa III tires(brand new baby)
-Mikuni HSR 42mm Carb.
-Crane HI4E Ignition single fire.
-Crane high output coil
-Crane 8mm wires
-NGK plugs
-Carbon fiber tank flares
-I polished my own parts
-Force Winder Intake
-Homemade oil catch can.
-Made brackets to raise tail a few degrees
-Repainted body work with bedliner and added spikes
-Painted swing arm
-Painted lower forks
-Homemade rear seat cowl with spikes
-Relocated seat locking mechanism(to make room for the SV light)
-Painted middle section of rocker covers
-SV 650 tail light
-Homemade license bracket with short stalk signals
-Homemade gauge bracket
-Air/Fuel Gauge
-Moose Racing Comp Bars
-Moded Acerbis Headlight
-1250 Axtel iron lined cylinders
-NHRS forged pistons
-Exhaust port polish by me
-Re-lapped valves
-Trail Tech stealth gauge
-Rizoma mirror
-Erik Buell Racing heel guards (made by Fslflint)

and the pics.......

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts

If you are gonna get the nitrous plate from edelbrock that fits behind your carb you better jump soon. They only produce them in limited runs and they're about to flip the off switch for about A year....

·
Lover/Fighter
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

Stunt, what are your thoughts on tapping into the manifold with a wet shot fogger? That what i had planed to do because the manifolds are dirt cheap anyways.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts

headlight looks much better than the round that was on there. nice work. hows the light production now?

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts

Stunt, what are your thoughts on tapping into the manifold with a wet shot fogger? That what i had planed to do because the manifolds are dirt cheap anyways.
Tapping into the manifold would work, just the precision involved is insane, with a standard side fog you not only have to be perfectly centered but the jet has to be directed perfectly between the two ports or you'll have serious issues. Either that or a fogger on each port would work, but while they're still making the exact part you need for your bike, I'd jump on it. JFR I had to wait 5 months to get my hands on one...

Here's the part number- 71926

Here's what I speak of...

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts

lookin real sharp mate ,I woud get tha presicion made part fer sure..Drillin tha manifolds ,Hmmmm,thats iffy I woud say.

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts

something that i thought of... on the little cowl over your passenger seat you should run some of that black door protector stuff. finishes off the edge really nicely. its super cheap at most auto parts stores. i forget what its called. heat it up a bit with a blowdryer to form it and run a bead of superglue on the inside of it

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts

something that i thought of... on the little cowl over your passenger seat you should run some of that black door protector stuff. finishes off the edge really nicely. its super cheap at most auto parts stores. i forget what its called. heat it up a bit with a blowdryer to form it and run a bead of superglue on the inside of it
I have like 50' of that stuff. It's pretty good if you soak it in hot water first, but what I've found works better is motorcycle windshield edging. You can buy it by the foot from most motorcycle places, it's smaller and more flexible. I used it for the edging on my bike's dash.

·
Lover/Fighter
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

Thanks for the idea. Funny thing is i was in auto zone the other day and looked at that stuff for a new project.........................................

·
Lover/Fighter
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·

oh, and like my new light way better than the stock one. Although it is not as bright during the night but, i have a couple ideas to remedy it.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts