Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm Josh, I'm on several other bike forums, but anytime I wanna see cool pics and get ideas, I come here. I like outside of the box bikes. I was in the army for 5 years and currently go to school for mechanical engineering, I have been tearing stuff down to bare minimum for as long as I can remember... I like naked. Here are my bikes, the first is a buell that I got right before winter, so no mods yet. It's an xb12stt. I also built a hard tail 81 kz440 bobber, and a custom trike for a bike rally I go to, no balance required during drunkeness.

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Josh! Nice intro & pictures, so you have been REPPED! ;)

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome aboard. That trike needs mo powa!
I thought so as well, until I rode it. The front pushes in corners and it's a little top heavy... 25mph or so with a generic go cart motor is plenty, I do have a kx 125 motor laying around I was toying around with throwing that on there.

Reactions: oldrider

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sumo I built while stationed in Hawaii

Reactions: oldrider

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF I agree trike needs MORE POWER. Kx110 won't do it more like kz1000 would do the trick but cool trike and hard tail either way.

Where are you from?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome,

Nice stable of machines you got there, particularly the XB. But then I'm biased.:LolLolLolLol:
I like what you did with the DR as well. I've been thinking of one of those or a XR600R myself, but I have more projects lined up then I can reasonably finish so its just another unhealthy obsession at this point. What did you think of it?

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome,

Nice stable of machines you got there, particularly the XB. But then I'm biased.:LolLolLolLol:
I like what you did with the DR as well. I've been thinking of one of those or a XR600R myself, but I have more projects lined up then I can reasonably finish so its just another unhealthy obsession at this point. What did you think of it?
The DR was ok... Then I did an FCR 39 swap off a yfz 450 fourwheeler and a pipe, the thing was a beast. Pure torque monster, the only issue I had was I started slipping the clutch, it only had 1200 miles, but it was a dirtbike all it's life.

Honestly if I were to do it again, I'd probably look for an Xr because more people do them so there's more info and parts, but either bike would be bad ass. I could drag pegs on the dr, it was on rails.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to CF :knucks:

What parts did you use to assemble the rear axle for the trike? Does it use any differential, or is it just locked ?
The trike rear end is key wayed go cart axle and bearings, so yes it's locked. That's the main reason it pushes the front end I believe. It's low on the priority list but I'd like to make it a little lower and faster so I can be a hooligan at bike rallies.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now I stole some pics offline, I don't know if that's ok, if it is someone's bike and they get pissed I'll take it down, BUT this is where I get ideas. For the buell, I want a seat like a monster or something similar, like these:
This is my favorite

Or this

This is sexy, but I gotta keep room for women

And I need to pick up another KZ twin cause this thing is sweet

Reactions: Dakotaplatt

·
Doin Kustom werk with bro
81 Posts
I use a lot of images off the internet too... have them stored on my computer.

I like the Buell! They sound awesome, I debated getting one back before I got my SV1000:rock:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How's the sv? Never heard one in person but I bet it's nice. I was considering that or a super hawk, I really wanted a monster or street fighter but they were both out of my price range. I think I got the buell for a steal, 07 XB STT with 2500 miles for 4k

·
Doin Kustom werk with bro
81 Posts
I don't have it any more.. Sold it after a get down overturned a corner... got scared and sold it, but getting back into riding I guess with the current build and all lol

That is good deal for your Buell...The SV was great got it for $3500 or $3000 I forget... it was an 03 and it hauled butt! Sounded great too with yosh pipes:fu:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What do you about carbs, the 440 had 2, I took then off and put a 2-1 manifold on and a vm32 on it and was chasing the jetting all summer. Finally got one cylinder about right then the other was lean... It could be compression or timing or something... I'm thinking about picking up another 32 and going back to 2.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts