Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
For instance I absolutely love the inside out front brake just for the sake of being quirky
It's not just to be quirky. Bolting the rotor to the wheel perimeter means brake forces don't have to pass through the wheel spokes, so the wheel can be lighter because the spokes and rim bed only have to deal with forces supporting the bike, not brake rotor torque. Great example of the holistic thinking that went into these bikes.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I've seen that before but never realized they're Buells!

The first one... maybe a bit too hipster for me but the red, ohhhh yes I could very well picture myself riding that! AND, since the "tank" is just a hollow shell, if you play your cards right you could make several different cover/tail combos, and with some quick lock clipons or something totally transform the bike within fifteen minutes from cafe to fighter to racer to what have you!

I really gotta think this through a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You know I've never thought much of these things mainly because of the Harley stigma but now that I think of it, one of these could actually make a pretty darn good fighter. I've wanted a throaty burly twin for a while now but I guess if I ever am to buy one there's no getting round the fact that a twin just isn't gonna give me as much horsepower what an inline or a v4 will... but I'd reckon a big twin would make up for it's shortcomings as massive torque right? I don't think I'm changine bikes any time soon, but when I do I suppose I'm gonna have to even go test ride an xb12, cause quite frankly the mainstream japs somehow just fail to tickle me anymore. I consider myself to be a bit of an oddball which is why I appreciate the Buell way of thinking, they don't do things like everyone else just because it's proven to be a working method, they do things exactly the way they want without asking permissions just like me. Sometimes it works... sometimes not but hey at least you tried and maybe even created something cool while trying. For instance I absolutely love the inside out front brake just for the sake of being quirky :D

I suppose one of the xb12:s would be a pretty easy bike to wheelie too?
im going to quote you exactly in the future, at least where it starts with " i consider myself..."

41 - 48 of 48 Posts