Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing some more with my build this weekend...and decided to bolt on of of the junk heads...to mock up the exhaust system I am planning......had to cut the end off the stock header....nuttin like taking a reciprocating saw to a perfectly good header/pipe...LOL

of course, the half homemade rearsets I am using are the in the way of the pipe...or vice versa...depending on how you look at it. I am gonna try to cut more and see what I can do.

Nuttin is easy..this bike is fighting me the whole way. :skrooz:

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
I'm pretty sure they all "fight you the whole way." I know mine did! Bit now...it can fight someone else.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
thats why the call em fighters....im at boiling point right now bro. you're not alone!

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah...I am trying to do something special with the swingarm and exhaust...and its becoming a major PIA. I'll prevail...its just a matter of how much blood, sweat and cash.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Keep plugging away dude. Its not like theres a rush to finish it right? I'm curious what you're thinking for the swingarm and exhaust or are you keeping it all hush hush until its done ;)

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Something that some people have done.......but not many....if I pull it off, it will be tits. And that, FWIW, was supposed to be the easy upgrades i had in mind. LOL:D

·
Registered
854 Posts
Something that some people have done.......but not many....if I pull it off, it will be tits. And that, FWIW, was supposed to be the easy upgrades i had in mind. LOL:D
cool, hope it works out.

:rotfl: Everytime I tell my fiance that what I'm working (truck or bike) should be easy and I'll be done in a little bit, she knows that really means I'll be out in the garage cursing up a storm for hours on end.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
cool, hope it works out.

:rotfl: Everytime I tell my fiance that what I'm working (truck or bike) should be easy and I'll be done in a little bit, she knows that really means I'll be out in the garage cursing up a storm for hours on end.
no joke, I decided to tackle my wiring harness today. after about 3 hours I had just about everything plugged in where it was supposed to go and pretty well hiden. but its just a hidden rats nest

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
cool, hope it works out.

Yup, know that feeling well. It'll only take an hour or so. Man 3am comes around quick, lol.

·
Registered
854 Posts
yep no project is complete without at least one unplanned run to the hardware or parts store. And a little blood and sweat is a requisite as well.:D

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Current issue is exhaust is gonna hit right side rear set....and god only knows how the exhaust plumbing is gonna go...I still need to hack up the undertail and make some custom struts.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On a good note...even though it took Fed Ex till about 6:30 to get it to me...I did get in what is going to be used for my coolant overflow....just about the coolest thing ever.....I shall keep that one till the bike is done.

Typical DZ style, buying all the crap now I don't need to the very last steps of the build. LOL:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts