Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea My 350 fighter woudl need lead weights the back to get the front off the ground.

Working on a dif bike but this is one of my options.

Basically I like the lines on it. Just need to find it in a bigger bike... like and SV 650

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
thats cool for a factory bike.

could definately use some improvements but its got potential for sure. like the frame.

wuts the status any luck with a bike yet??

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
That would make a great bike, Doesn't need much to be cool. Too bad no fairings to take off and sell on e-bay in C-F usual style. I take it thats not an American model???.Look forward to seein' what you come up with.

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I like the lines on it as well and I think I can get the little bugger for about 10,000 RMb..hmm thats about 1200 USD.

catch 22 over here you find a cool bike thats even a bit exotic or rare the price is jacked as its pretty hard to smuggle them in and get them registered.

I was told it was designed for the Isle of mann TT. Or as a result of it style wise.

Not sure if got the translation right from my Chinese buddy but I am about 75% sure thats what he was saying.

trying to figure out if can get a bigger engine in there.

Hey just asking opinions what do you guys think - black with gold trim for a color scheme on fighters or simply all black. Not sure what I will do yet.

Also I will build for "show" not to enter the contest officially as I want to sponsor prizes and don't want the conflict of interest.

Ok Ok Ok its just an excuse to build a bike ya got me! he he he

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
A couple of things...
I was told it was designed for the Isle of mann TT. Or as a result of it style wise.

Not sure if got the translation right from my Chinese buddy but I am about 75% sure thats what he was saying.
I translated a web page about the Goose 350, and it said this (after being translated electronically) :
"Regardless, being about, English man island, there will be a race which you call the famous “tourist trophy,” uses the public road“

Yes, the translation is terrible, BUT...
English Man Island
a race called the "Tourist Trophy"
uses the public road

Sounds pretty close to the Isle of Man TT considering the bad translation...

Also noted:
"the neck of [gachiyou] (the goose neck)” with the hairpin corner of the specialty which it is called"

Sounds like the name "Goose" comes from goose neck, which in turn means the hairpin corners...

so, I'm guessing it handles pretty well, at least that's what they were aiming for.

trying to figure out if can get a bigger engine in there.
I'm not sure what your options are for a bigger engine, but I did find out that it's basically the same engine as the DR 350 Dirtbike, although there definitely are some different parts. But, you will find a lot more aftermarket options for the DR 350 than the Goose, so that may help a little...

Hey just asking opinions what do you guys think - black with gold trim for a color scheme on fighters or simply all black. Not sure what I will do yet.
Either one can look great imo. Black with a few gold parts, and gold rims looks nice.

Also I will build for "show" not to enter the contest officially as I want to sponsor prizes and don't want the conflict of interest.
How about, if you win, you give everyone prizes! :LolLolLolLol:

Ok Ok Ok its just an excuse to build a bike ya got me! he he he
shhhh! You're gonna give away our secret! :LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i've seen a black and gold scheme done before and i think it looks great, as long as you do it right.

gets tough when you have all the regular aluminum colored stuff as well as the black and the gold.

:twocents:

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I think I would go for all black with just a few highlighted pieces in gold.

AB thanks I will look into the DR 350. Nto sure if I can get one here but If so then I bet I can get a big bore kit of some sort as well..... need to get the HP up there.

I think lightening it up will help lots.

Regarding your suggestion if I win I give everyone else a prize

Reply: Bwaa ha ha ha ha ha ha :LolLolLolLol:

Man I just realized what a "time" disadvantage I have here. You guys can go to a local shop and get shit that I need to import and it talkes weeks to get here. Or fly down to Hong Kong and scavange.

Oh well its all about your ins and resources. fair is fair. Bring it on!

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
ChinaSteve said:
AB thanks I will look into the DR 350. Nto sure if I can get one here but If so then I bet I can get a big bore kit of some sort as well..... need to get the HP up there.
Hmmm... I found this, don't know if it will work 100% with the Goose motor, but it's worth looking into:

DR350 Big Bore Kits

Bore kits are available in the following sizes:
435cc, 441cc
Complete kits $290.00
Plus sleeve installation, Bore and hone to fit piston $140.00

http://www.kientech.com/bigborekits.htm

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
ChinaSteve said:
Yeah I think I would go for all black with just a few highlighted pieces in gold.
:rock:
ChinaSteve said:
Man I just realized what a "time" disadvantage I have here. You guys can go to a local shop and get shit that I need to import and it talkes weeks to get here. Or fly down to Hong Kong and scavange.

Oh well its all about your ins and resources. fair is fair. Bring it on!
looks like itd be easier for you to have your parts made...haha. no fair!

if your gonna order youd better make a list and check it twice then order all at once!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts