Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to turn my 2005 gs500f into a street fighter and I have a question. I want the bars to look as clean as possible so I was thinking about moving the kill switch and headlight switches, and everything else that I can. Is this possible? If so. Any suggestions on how to do it. Thanks.

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,166 Posts
I am trying to turn my 2005 gs500f into a street fighter and I have a question. I want the bars to look as clean as possible so I was thinking about moving the kill switch and headlight switches, and everything else that I can. Is this possible? If so. Any suggestions on how to do it. Thanks.
If the controls are too bulky for you, you can always get the controls some chopper guys use.
I googled it really quickly but did not see them. They are basically the pods, miniaturized. Another thing you can do if safety is aside, create a set of switches where you can find them easily and use them well and just remove the pods. Problem with that is if you need both hands on the bars in an emergency situation where you also have to turn your bike off, shit just hits the fan and you watch...

If you are going to create a set of switches you will need to find the same type of switch that is in the pods for the creation, like a single throw double pole switch for your headlights, a single throw triple pole for your turns, a single throw single pole for your kill, a momentary switch for your starter and your horn if you use one. Not hard, just time consuming.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked around a little and came across internal throttles. Any thoughts on these? Will they work with a set of bikemaster drag bars? I saw them on a lot of choppers and they looked sick.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,353 Posts

·
The Future
80 Posts
Save an assload of cash and just weld on some tabs on the bike and attach switches, key etc, though i would leave kill switch on the bars.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where can I get switches? Is this something I can setup myself, or do I have to buy something specific?

·
The Future
80 Posts
switches you can get at any auto parts store. yes you can do it yourself.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Also, if your kill switch is integrated into the throttle, look at a cbr1000rr throttle tube. Its very sleek and minimal. You may have to add a kill switch, but it gets rid of the bulky shit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts