Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after selling my bike and saving for a wedding for 2 years it's time to build my next bike, like in the deal!
I've brought a hard tail frame and had some engine mounts welded for a 1200 bandit lump, but my first goal is to get it to a rolling chassis, it should be here next week but these are just the sellers pictures, I'll let you know what the quality is like when it arrives

The headstock is 180mm long, Id like usd forks but I can't seem to find much info on yoke spindle sizes, so I'm unsure what forks/yokes to use, Ive been a member on here for a while but this is my first real build, I'm learning a lot as I go so any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks, Dan

G

·
That's a good looking frame & looks very similar to a HUC one I look forward to seeing where you go with this, I am also in staffs now so if you need a hand any time shout up

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brought a set of zx7r forks, they turned up today in pleased with them as they're in great condition and the seller even sent the top and bottom yoke and ignition barrel with key! Messaged the guys building my frame and they're machining the headstock to suit, looking forward to getting the frame now but until then I'm looking for some wheels

G

·
Do you know what model/year zx7r forks & yokes they are ?

I got mine complete with wheel but no discs & had to find out the hard way not all 7r discs fit the P model due to the offset & width so I guess it follows P model discs wont fit others ....... I have a list of what discs fits the P somewhere

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had a message today to say my frame will be with me by friday happy days :party-smiley:
I've been searching for some nice bars that will suit the chunky frame and the only ones I could find that I liked were in America and the postage was a killer so I contacted a local fabricator and sent him a pic of them, he quoted me £85 which I was happy with and he went ahead with the build, I'm really pleased with the quality of the bars and they give the industrial look im after. I'm chewing at the bit to start this build now, I'll put pics up when the frame arrives and ive fitted the forks and bars but until then here's a couple of pictures of the bars I had them done with 1" tube for a chunkier look but 7/8 for the controls, that way I can use the controls from the donor bandit

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Frame turned up... it was a pile of shit, I didn't even unwrap it all, only the top half. It wasn't symetrical in more than one place and the welds weren't the best, tubes hadn't been mitered into one another well at all, I contacted the seller and told him I wanted a refund, he agreed no questions asked. I've contacted HUC for a worm burner frame which there's a 4 week wait for so not too bad. Here's some pics of the ebay frame...

You can see in the last pic the tubes are welded at different heights!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ordered some bar clamps which turned up last week

But the top yoke was very thin and I didn't trust it so I filled the recesses with resin and made a plate for the back, so that I could drill through it all to mount my clamps

I haven't bolted the bars on yet but the last picture gives you an idea of how they'll look

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I picked up a low milage 02 bandit about a month ago and planned to use it until the end of the summer then start the build but that only lasted a couple of weeks and I couldn't help myself, started breaking it down and sticking the unwanted bits on eBay, the more I look at bikes made with these frames the more I'm going off upside down forks... decided to use the bandit front end so I'll need to have a top yoke made for the bars...

Spoke to huc and my frame will be here this week I'll put pics up when it arrives :rock:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts