Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Speed Crazy
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow. so i went to check out this r6 today, and since i had to pull all my strings to get a ride to the other side of the island. i asked the guy if it was mechanically sound. so i could ride her home.... he said it was perfect. just cosmetic damage from a wheel that went wrong.

i got there and the tank's dented, not a problem since i wanna fighter it. and then both the clutch and brake levers are broken, couldn't hardly get two fingers on either. and then he tells me the front brakes need new rotors, but when i rode it there was NO brakes, not just a warped rotors. then i look at the title and it says 01. he told me it was a 99. so i asked him again, he still claims its a 99. so i checked the vin and it matches. then i notice there is a part of the frame missing. not broken, missing.... and the worst part, when i took her for a ride, i threw around my weight just a bit to see how she reacted. and when i would lean right a little it wouldn't wanna come back to center... kinda scary. after closer inspection i noticed the metal pieces that keep the bars from turning to much, are broken clean off. some crazy stress was on the bike at one point.

so i guess what i'm most pissed about is the ppl that try to sell bikes by lying to the potential customers. its bullshit. and if i weren't as mechanically inclinded i would have bought it and prob wouldn't have made it home safe either. not a safe bike what so ever.

ok i'm done. good nite

·
hack
729 Posts
wow, thats real shitty. he should have his balls caved in

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
I went to buy a bike for a friend last yeah it was a TEA POT katana, POS, anyhow the front wheel axle nut was finger tight, tha alone was enough for me to tell my mate to walk away.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
stuntbike = 'mechanically sound bike, never beaten, always garaged and maintained, clean title'

right right. that was definately a stunt bike. sounds like for quite a while too.

·
Speed Crazy
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's honestly the #1 reason I stopped buying bikes in Hawaii.

i'm on the 1000 dollar range so i really dont have a choice here in hawaii. i really liked the feel of the r6, but i wanna live to ride another day. so now i guess i'm gonna call this guy on a 94 f2 cbr. its cheap, i know the bike well, but the carbs need cleaned or rebuilt. its only 650 bucks so i can still afford the carb work. hmmm... what a situation...

rumor has it i'm going to look at some ducati for 2500 tonite... we will see

·
Speed Crazy
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it looked good. cept for the dent in the tank. and the tail was ok... cept for the rips in both seats... the most valuable thing on it was me.. and thats not saying much.. haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts