Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
oooh fudge!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a living room/basement build.
I've been building the Corsair for years, kept finding problems with the frame. Finally gave up on the old frame and am waiting for a HUC Outlaw to find it's way to me.
Most of the parts had been adapted to fit the previous frame so I'm expecting issues there, some I bought with no real goal in mind.

Frame will be a Hard Up Choppers Outlaw.
Engine is a dot-head gsxr750.
Fork- have a couple inverteds to choose from, one was busa, adapted some HD risers to run Z-bars on it, the old frame was LONG and I needed the sweep to get anywhere near comfy.
I'm going to try some tricks to drop serious weight without spending much $.

If I run into any problems funding this out of my own pocket? I'll be selling mountain bike parts. :p

No frame yet, so for now, enjoy pictures of parts!!

Attachments

·
oooh fudge!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rich Phillips seat has landed, the Caen Creek air shock sitting on it, will be under it.
Tried the bars, switchgear, and levers. They all fit, whether I go this route or not is the question. Also have the RSD risers with Yaffe bars, and I found some ProTaper Contour bars that I forgot I had.

Attachments

·
oooh fudge!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frame's here, tough time of year to DW but there you go.
Nice scalloped detailing on the motor mounts and headtube gusset. Hard-Up Choppers makes some very nice stuff!

Attachments

·
oooh fudge!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grumble...
had probs with the headtube bearing cups.
waffled for awhile, got sick of not making any movement, pounded some races in, pulled a rwu fork onto it. This would mean I can eaily run a 18" gsxr wheel I have which I'd like to do, and this fork doesn't vsually overwhelm the frame like the busa one does. (which is in the back).
But it's nowhere near as tough, and 20 years older so...

Might jut grab an allballs kit anyways.

·
oooh fudge!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huh... that fender's probably too short. But certainly lighter and better shaped than what I had before.

It's the front fender off an EFE. Have the big alloy piece with the NACA duct in it too.
Think I'm going to use this!

Attachments

·
oooh fudge!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
huh... found a tiny 10mm mountain bike master cylinder... wonder if I ran that to a 4-piston radial caliper, would that be enough braking up front?
If I DO run a skinnier 18 up front, my contact patch is smaller, so having an easier -to-modulate brake would be better.
and lighter.

Why do I do this to myself?

·
oooh fudge!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not PROGRESS progress, but something.
full busa front end, rsd risers, titanium bars... fitted thanks to some All Balls bearings.
rear fender's definitely going to be that EFE front, chopped up.

Attachments

·
oooh fudge!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Double-tapped to the temple. I'm down, no way to even contemplate finishing.
Long list of whys (some financial, some medical), but my own answer is a failure to DW.

Not quitting, just not now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts