Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know of some cafe frame hoop sources? I don't know if I can justify the $50 plus shipping for the ones I've seen. Can't seem to bend a fucking tube for my life, so I'm thinking of just buying one for a change.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Got any motorcycle scrap yards near you? Some old 70's bikes had removable ones. It's not a perfect curve and might not be exactly the same size tube as the main frame since they were designed to slip into the main frame but it's a start.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Or maybe the top of a sissy bar? I've seen some really heavy duty ones from Harleys at swap meets.

In this last winter build off MrMcTavish used a sissy bar for the back hoop on his subframe.

·
Super Moderator
3,049 Posts
$35 shipped although the guy seems to have disappeared.

$50 shipped and this guy's still active.

Later, Doug

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
I bought one off ebay for my cbr, I was very pleased, can't remember the price, made the seller measure ID for me and it slid right over my old subrame tubes after i massaged them with the flapwheel to get rid of paint and wire hanging nubs.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
Let me get my tube bender mounted to my garage floor and il see what i can do for ya..1" tube only though
Didn't you buy that thing last year?! Hurry up and bend stuff :)

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
lord those are way over priced. I should bend up 20 of em and sell em on ebay for $30 shipped or so.

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lord those are way over priced. I should bend up 20 of em and sell em on ebay for $30 shipped or so.
You really should. I ended up just doing the good 'ol slice bend reweld, cause I wasn't forking out that much

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
I was thinking $45 shipped, because shipping is a spendy timesuck pain in the ass. But I've been pricing up materials to make a 1" bender (already have cutters to do that job) and would be under $200, and that's with a delren mandrel. Sell a couple a month, make your money back fast. Get somebody else to sell em for you, make it even faster.

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is true, my buddy had an exhaust tubing bender (not mandral) and his smallest die is 1.75 or 1.5

1 - 20 of 22 Posts