1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
sweet...old skool cafe's rock!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
coming along nicely newman! keep us posted. i cant wait to see the finished product!

:rock:

·
The Polish Prince
947 Posts
Dude very nice!! What is that? A 750F?

·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After looking at the wire wheel thread I decided to make the change from my stock wheels to spokes. I got a hubs from a 1976 CB750F because they ran front and rear disc brakes.

I went to a salvage yard and got a CB750 spoke rim to use to see if I had clearence for my calipers. I found that with the 296mm rotors my calipers would hit the spokes so I moved them out to where they would be if I ran 330mm rotors from a 929 . That gave me the room I needed. I bought A 19inch Sun rim and stainless spokes laced it up and made a adapter to mount the brake rotor from another 750 hub.

I had to make hangers to relocate my calipers, I don't have pics of those but it wasn't real complicated. The next pic is the adapter I made out of the old hub. It saved some work because I could use the mount holes that were already there.

This is where I'm at now. I sold my stock wheels on ebay so theres no going back. I will order the rear rim tommorow. I'm going to get a 18x5.5 for the rear. I don't think 17's look good on bikes like mine they just look alittle small for the bike.

It's a 1982 CB900F, and I don't have pics of the top shock mount but I will post some. I still have to make the adapter for the other front rotor and the rear. Now that I have one done those other two will be easy.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Wow...nice job. They're going to look really good on that bike. Good work!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
man. that bike is going to be sick newman! :metal:

·
HipsterKillerGarage
6,484 Posts
Definitely looks good.

I don't know what that thing would be called in my opinion. It's like the KZ/GSXR I'm building. It's not a cafe... but it's not really a streetfighter.... I will just call it Edward. :party-smiley:

·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
shift1313 said:
thats looking great!! i love spoked wheels. Are you going to keep it silver?
I take it you mean the wheels? I was going to order them anodized black but decided to see what the bike looks like with the rim bare aluminum.

If you mean the tank it's sanded bare metal then clearcoated. I plan on leaving it that way. I'm trying to find a company that does laser engaving to see if they could duplicate the honda emblem on the side of the tank instead of using a decal. No luck so far.

1 - 20 of 286 Posts