Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
feel free to offer compliments, criticisms and comments about my attempt at a proper custom fighter! preferably more compliments and comments than criticisms though ;)

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
this is good Dan,crack that wee fooker out mate :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys :) not as advanced as some of the other bikes or builders in the buildoff but hoping for a first build it turns out ok!

370steve did you shoehorn a blade motor into a cb600 frame or was your frame a cb900 frame i cant remember...how difficult was it to squash in?

·
old fart
3,713 Posts
cheers guys :) not as advanced as some of the other bikes or builders in the buildoff but hoping for a first build it turns out ok!

370steve did you shoehorn a blade motor into a cb600 frame or was your frame a cb900 frame i cant remember...how difficult was it to squash in?
was an 893cc CBR900RRS (95) blade engine into a 2001 CB600F hornet frame, I have a build thread and LOTS of pictures of the work done. but probably easier to fit it into a CBR600F than the hornet.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
blade motor might be next year...or i might just buy a blade! will see if i dont crash this after iv finished it first

·
10,849 Posts
I'd be tempted to try for a small battery in the tail or on show in a neat box , not a fan of the big slab of card ( yeah i know it won't stay card) . I think they look like what they are , a compromise to hide stuff. Open and minimal better. Look at knifemaker's (?) Cbr 6 for inspiration

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The standard battery is surprising small and if I lie it flat it will looks neat enough!
Will upload a pic later...other option since next year I want to enter dirt quake on it and also the odd hill climb I could try two flat track style numberboards?

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
i like the side number plate idea. not sure about the actual shape but i was thinking of doing a square one myself a while ago but decided against. i can dig the look

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i like the side number plate idea. not sure about the actual shape but i was thinking of doing a square one myself a while ago but decided against. i can dig the look

i like those side number boards! seen a few ideas I can try out properly once my seat unit is in place!

decided to use 40mm thick race foam for the seat as I have no idea how i would stick down a proper seat pad!

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
i like those side number boards! seen a few ideas I can try out properly once my seat unit is in place!

decided to use 40mm thick race foam for the seat as I have no idea how i would stick down a proper seat pad!
ill be posting up my build thread soon with pics. pm me if u want me to bounce couple ideas off u to help doing a real seat. ur ass will thank me.... no **** :oops:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd be lost without my welder
think i might have to buy a mig welder and learn coz it would open up so many possibilities of i could weld!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ill be posting up my build thread soon with pics. pm me if u want me to bounce couple ideas off u to help doing a real seat. ur ass will thank me.... no **** :oops:
might have to do that! if it saves my ass it can be as **** as you want in a non **** way hahaha

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Where about's are you bud, anywhere near Oxford? What is the frame on that model, steel right?

Edit: Ah! Just saw on the RM card, somewhere near Northwich. Bit far for a trip maybe...

1 - 20 of 83 Posts