Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second so called "build". First was an 08 Triumph Daytona 675.
Now it is a 2013 Yamaha R6.

Bike is in good condition. Going to be selling a bunch of parts that I strip off as I go along.

I have most parts ordered and/or in hand. Going to start wrenching at it over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've actually never seen a 09+ R6 fightered with dirty bars. The few I've seen have been with clip ons.

So this should be interesting.

Rarely done.

I love the tail end. Should look fairly clean once the wires are all cleaned up. And I do something with the coolant reservoir.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I might be interested in those side fairings if they fit an 09

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Let me know what you want for them and possibly the front fairing if you selling it. I have a lot of parts if you wanted to trade.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cut an aluminum or steel plate to fit the shape of the cut out on the bottom of the triple clamp and JB Weld it in. Get shorter bolts for the risers so they don't protrude down so far.
Is it possible to have some aluminum melted and poured into the triple section filling it perfectly? Do metal shops have the capability of doing this?

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Is it possible to have some aluminum melted and poured into the triple section filling it perfectly? Do metal shops have the capability of doing this?
To answer the question yes, but seriously.... Just go the JB weld route....

Here is a R1 top clamp I did like that. Quick, easy, effective...

I did the same for the R6 clamp before I switched to the R1 forks too...

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,520 Posts
Pouring molten aluminum on your triple will likely warp it. It will ruin the anno too. You could cut aluminum to fit perfectly and have the plates welded in but that will also ruin the anno.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To answer the question yes, but seriously.... Just go the JB weld route....

Here is a R1 top clamp I did like that. Quick, easy, effective...

I did the same for the R6 clamp before I switched to the R1 forks too...
Is that just straight up JB weld? No metal involved?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts