Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all! Especially GDogg007 ♥
My name is Keri, I live in West LA and I have a 2007 Suzuki GS500F and about a week and a half ago, I had a little spill going down PCH at about 60mph.

My baby (his name is Kakashi.... yes, he is a boy) is running fine, real trooper he is. But he's seen better days. I don't have the money to replace all the damage to the fairing so I figure I'll just rip it all off, switch out a few parts, get new mirrors and blinkers (since those were damaged in the crash) and have myself a sexy naked bike!

I found some pictures on google submitted by your very own kowal_dc and I really like the style so I think I'm going to copy that. (Here is the thread for referrence: clickyclicky)

And here are some pictures of me, my bike before and after the crash...

Riding on Mulholland (aka "The Snake")

Chilling at Encinal Canyon and enjoy the view

Me!

Hurray for wearing gear!

My baby and the damages...

Any help, advice, suggestions, constructive criticism, whatever is appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Welcome Keri.

Glad I could convince ya to join the CF nation and the addiction to Fighters. Oh and be prepared for these guys to ask for the obligatory naked pics since you are female. LOL

Yall be nice to her. She is an awesome chick who can dish out as well as take it.

Hopefully some of our Cali contingent will be on to offer some help too.

You of course already made with some pics so you are miles ahead of most newbs.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
Also please understand that since you crashed your motorcycle and found out plastics are very expensive

the street fighter option is actually more expensive

Please dont think its cheaper this way, it will cost you more in the long run. also a lot of our members bought brand new bikes and took the plastics off. or bought pre owned bikes and took them home, some even before riding them and tore the plastics off.

the street fighter naked bike isn't a 2nd option for a lot of us, it was the only option.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Mitch.... Chill man.

I had been talking to her about going the fighter route before anything ever happened to her bike. She has a damn good excuse now though.

New blood in the fighter world is always a good thing.

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Keri! Good luck with your build......and the boys. ;) JK! You'll have a blast, make lots of true friends here & find the very best ideas on the planet! Repped for the GREAT intro & pics. :D

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also please understand that since you crashed your motorcycle and found out plastics are very expensive

the street fighter option is actually more expensive

Please dont think its cheaper this way, it will cost you more in the long run. also a lot of our members bought brand new bikes and took the plastics off. or bought pre owned bikes and took them home, some even before riding them and tore the plastics off.

the street fighter naked bike isn't a 2nd option for a lot of us, it was the only option.
Sorry, could you elaborate? I am a little worried about what you mean... "it will cost me more in the long run"?
GDogg gave me the initial idea... but also I was told by the shop I took it to, that getting all new oem stuff would be really expensive... unless I get aftermarket fairings and he said those don't always fit right.
So he recommended to just take off the fairing, would would mean I have to replace the light... and the left side has no blinker or mirror right now since I crashed.

That's where I got it into my head that this would be the best option for me.
I'll be the first to admit, I have no idea what I'm doing... ^^;
I just wanna find a way to make my bike look great and without having to dig too deep into my savings.
Thanks for your help! :)

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
❃~ƘǝƦɨ~❃;1296386 said:
Sorry, could you elaborate? I am a little worried about what you mean... "it will cost me more in the long run"?
GDogg gave me the initial idea... but also I was told by the shop I took it to, that getting all new oem stuff would be really expensive... unless I get aftermarket fairings and he said those don't always fit right.
So he recommended to just take off the fairing, would would mean I have to replace the light... and the left side has no blinker or mirror right now since I crashed.

That's where I got it into my head that this would be the best option for me.
I'll be the first to admit, I have no idea what I'm doing... ^^;
I just wanna find a way to make my bike look great and without having to dig too deep into my savings.
Thanks for your help! :)
Its addicting. once you get started you'll often find that its "just one more part...". it costs money in ways that you won't know until you get there. its actually much cheaper to just get it back on the road, but thats just the beginning of the naked addiction.

you'll find all that out on your own though. welcome to the nut house BTW

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I spy a helmet mounted gopro. links to vids?

Reactions: oldrider

·
DIZZLE
1,446 Posts
Welcome in...

Some builds look good for almost no money. I have 1400 into my vfr full fairing bike and I think it looks great. On the other hand I am on my 4th rebuild of my fzr1k and have sank a lot of money and time into that. Much more than it is worth, but learned a lot from it. Like paying for a college course or two.

Great intro with pics

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 50 Posts