Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys and gals. Im new to the site. I recently aquired an 81 suzuki gs 750 which I like a lot. The only problem is that I am having a hard time finding parts for it. I dont mean stock replacement parts, i mean aftermarket things like tail sections, seats, etc. it just doesnt have the amount of parts available as a cb750 honda has.

So for all you guys out there with nice seats and tails on your GS's. Where did you get the seats???? Retrofit from another bike? Make it your self???

thanks in advance.

Rich:suzuki:

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
Finding parts for a GS is a complete pain in the ass. Might try Ebay. That's about the only place I've seen anything for mine.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Local bike salvage yards !!

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Yeah what those 2 said. I tried for months and then gave mine away...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i was afraid of. Well i did more digging and found caferacingparts.com. They have some universal tails that I think would be perfect for my build. Might be worth checking out for all you gs guys out there.

rich

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
GS stuff is rare. If you're looking for cafe stuff the universal parts are your best bet. Check airtech also. They have a handful of GS specific stuff, but they have a good bit of vintage bodywork. Also Omar's has a few bits.

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
i bought parts, and if i couldnt make it work, i sold it. mine went from isleofman style cafe in my head to old dirty bastard rat fighter after all of the BS associated with finding bolt on shit. i decided to make my own stuff and make other parts work for me. now its a melting pot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i bought parts, and if i couldnt make it work, i sold it. mine went from isleofman style cafe in my head to old dirty bastard rat fighter after all of the BS associated with finding bolt on shit. i decided to make my own stuff and make other parts work for me. now its a melting pot.
PICS?

·
187 Posts
i also just got a gs750. i found a large listing of parts on oldbikebarn.com. roccitycafe.com has a lot of cafe racer tails. pretty universal in that area

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks cbod for the recommendation. I ordered my seat from roccitycafe.com. Said should be here in about 10 days or sooner concidering I am only one state away. I have no pics as it sits now, ill snap some next time im over there. i wish i took pictures before I started working on it. It had a sofa for a seat, a 2 up one at that, pull back bars that would make a beach cruiser bicycle jealous and it was a dirty mess. First thing i did was rip off the seat and bars and damage them so i couldnt ride it like that. Ill post pics as soon as i can.

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
Thanks cbod for the recommendation. I ordered my seat from roccitycafe.com. Said should be here in about 10 days or sooner concidering I am only one state away. I have no pics as it sits now, ill snap some next time im over there. i wish i took pictures before I started working on it. It had a sofa for a seat, a 2 up one at that, pull back bars that would make a beach cruiser bicycle jealous and it was a dirty mess. First thing i did was rip off the seat and bars and damage them so i couldnt ride it like that. Ill post pics as soon as i can.
when you do, start a thread in "Member's Projects".

·
Fighter In Training
17 Posts
thegsresources.com and Z1enterprises.com. Lots of info on the gs resources, and lots of parts on Z1enterprises. Most exterior parts you will have to fab up your self or pay top dollar for some one else too. Bikebandit.com also has a ton of parts. I have spent several hundred dollars there getting my bike going.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts