Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas just got myself a 97 model thundercat and im really wanting to fighter it
So far from what i see, the major problems im going to have is

1) ram air, its going to run crap even after playing with the carbies right?
2) stock gauges, Id like to keep the stock gauges but i dont mind cutting them up and puttinf them in a custom made 'pod' or whatever u want to call it. Was thinking of getting a friend to make it out of fibreglass
3) mirrors must be relocated to either bar end/handlebar type
4) indicators are easy enough to relocate
5) headlight brackets and round headlight to be used, should be easy enough to source

what else am i missing? anything major?

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
I call BS, if u read like 15 of the threads on here, u wouldnt be asking none of that

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
85 Posts
To take care of the ram air issues you need to route the lines coming from the carbs to the ram air plumbing into the air box. If you go http://yzf600r.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=51399&sid=eec55515898ff73698a83cd412d7bc76&start=20 and go 1/2 to 2/3 the way down the page I have pics on how to do that. Mine runs just fine across the RPM range.

The stock gauges on mine got tossed in favor of an aftermarket one meant for a dirt bike.

Mirrors I originally used some bar end ones but tossed them for a more conventional bar mounted set up.

My headlight mount is a a combination of modified SV650 fork mounts with some hand made pieces.

The biggest obstacle was tucking the wire harness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.