Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello people.im sure some of you have had or seen some crazy ideas,do-able or not.but i need some advice.
im part way through stripping and preparing a tank for a streetfight build,pretty much from scratch.
ive had this idea,spiderlegs coming from the centre of the tank,what you see on the pic is pretty much the shape im wanting.im eager to get them on the tank.but the mock up is my kids playdough(i know big lol)
so hows best to go about this in anybodys opinion.i am spraying straight over these legs.so dont want them protruding any more then 5-7 mm.they will stay the colour of the tank.bright green.so they have to be noticable but not o.t.t,will it be hard to keep the size down with fibreglass?i dont want them thick and hairy.how would you proceed with the making and shaping?thanks

Attachments

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
I like MikeGyver's thinking, but I'd use copper pipe (the kind that comes in a coil for light plumbing) instead of steel rod. Easier to bend and get flush with the tank. You can hold it down with solder (like for plumbing) instead of welding, or just use epoxy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.