Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to my untrained eyes i would bet its a cb750 but i really have no idea, all i know is i love the super low stance and the fat gastank it has. anyone care to shed some light on this bike for me? obvousley it has a lot of work but if anyone can tell me what it is i would be quite happy

http://www.glenallsop.com/CAFE-RACER

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
brand: honda
model: extra hipster
cost: spent too much, cause he bought it like that on craigslist
condition: shitty, cause he bought it like that on crasigslist
performance: poopy, cause he bought it like that on craigslist

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
brand: honda
model: extra hipster
cost: spent too much, cause he bought it like that on craigslist
condition: shitty, cause he bought it like that on crasigslist
performance: poopy, cause he bought it like that on craigslist
Bwhahah... So fucking true.

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
Pretty sure it's a CB350F.

There was only two small fours that Honda made that actually made it to the states, the CB350F and the CB400F. It's gotta be one or the other and just judging by the tank and exhaust it's a 350.

*Edit*

Maybe one of the early 500 fours, but to chop one of those up like that, well, not really a fan of the cafe thing.

·
addict
370 Posts

There was only two small fours that Honda made that actually made it to the states, the CB350F and the CB400F. It's gotta be one or the other and just judging by the tank and exhaust it's a 350.

damn i was gonna say 550 ss too i guess im always learning shit here. Its one of my favorite things about this forum.

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts

*Edit*

Maybe one of the early 500 fours, but to chop one of those up like that, well, not really a fan of the cafe thing.

My 550f has the "side swept" exhaust. Upon further inspection other than my small phone screen.

It is indeed the stupidly underpowered cb350f

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
I dunno about stupidly underpowered. Stupid overweight is more the key factor holding the little fours back. Same issue my CB360T had, it was a heavy bastard.

Big issue with the old 350F/400F models was the clutch. Can't find the pics as they are apparently buried far away in the furthest reaches of the internet, but there used to be a draw through turbo kit for them, and they ate clutches left and right making anywhere near the 90hp point. Even the renowned 6 cylinder bikes hopped up a bit could chew up a clutch given half a slip too many on an upshift.

Don't ever friggin' quote me on this, but a friend of mine may be able to help me track down a CBR250RR engine for a fighter project. Yes, the 20,000rpm engine that was also grossly underpowered like the early baby super sports from the 70's. I dig apex speed way more than arm stretching power. :D

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Shame we don't get many smaller I4s here, I've always lusted after a cbr250rr, or even to get a bandit 250 engine same power range but maxed out at 15k...I almost bought a Honda cb1...badass little bike I didn't get to go balls out trying it due to no front brake but was super lively after 7k....

Should prolly try a Fzr400 at some point too

I'm terms of newer stuff I wish we could get the cbr400 and gsr 400

Wait what's this thread about again?

Oh yeah this is what drives me crazy about cafe racers...

I like a lot of the bikes but I hate so many of the owners, from just 4 images of him I'm convinced he'd prolly be a douche lol

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
:confused:

I just don't get it with the dislike for smaller bikes. The 350's and 400's sounded like vintage formula 1 cars, stripped to the bare bones and sporting some nice mods they were some screamin' demon types through the twisty bits too. I'm yet to meet my match when it comes to apex speed when I am on top of an old Honda middleweight. ;)

The 550's were pigs, and the 750's, unless an F model, were not much to think about. The 350 and 400F's were something special and if you don't care for it, well, sucks to be you. :fu:

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Yeah, the 750's have more of a reputation then they deserve IMO. They are hell for strong reliable in stock form and can be made to produce 100+ rwhp and still hold up. But bone stock you're looking at a 520lb pig with about 55 rwhp. :( Nimble as a wheelbarrow, marginal brakes and the ergonomics are like straddling a 55 gallon drum. But I love them. No other bike sounds like a SOHC CB 750.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts