Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have been poking around looking at bike on a local site and keep finding myself clicking on this bike... it seams iffy to me but for the right price that can be turned around. can i get your guys opinion on the pics and info. thanks

2001 Suzuki Bandit Suzuki 1200 s bandit street fighter.19,000mi.Great running Very fast bike. Was in collision five years ago when stock. Experienced rebuild and quick custom to make safe and street legal. Needs very little to be finshed..Grips,pegs, fork seal. Comes with salvage title. 2,500.00 or best offer. I like Sportsters and 1970's Yamaha 650 specials. Need to be clean and straight so i can make a hard tail

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Not a chance in hell at that price. I got my totally stock, good condition 1997 B12 for $1600. Needed some maintenance work but clean title and it was all there. Before that I got my 2000 B12 that was a little rougher but still clean title and 25k miles for $1400. This guy has been too friendly with his crack pipe if he thinks he'll get $2500.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im still holding out for a 03+ sv650n for my first bike.... but you guys have open my eyes a bit to now im clicking on any thing lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i live in a paper mill town and there shutting it down so alot of bikes will be coming on the market (mostly Harley :/) but i can get a good deal on something. ya i can get the sv for around 3 pretty consistently in the summer. i mean i would offer him maybe a grand but thats it for this bike.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Unless he's willing to come way down on the price, $1000 at the absolute max, I wouldn't give it another look. You can buy a solid fighter candidate for $2500, not some "crash cobbled" bike that still needs work and parts.

Plus salvage title means it has absolutely $dick resale value to anybody, regardless of how nice you rebuild it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya it is the verso mill. ya i live in the town so the property taxs will go up because the mill was paying 44% of town taxs. they are keeping the biomass furnace they put in a couple years ago going.... its ok i guess but it produces more pollution then a coal burring furnace. the town will take a hit but we will push threw and keep going. they burned in like the 1700's they cant keep us down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts