Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I came across this forum about a week ago and finally decided to sign up. Ive been a car fanatic for as long as I can remember, but after a ride on my buddy's enduro last November, I cant get bikes outta my head.

I plan to shop for my first bike this spring. I love the look of streetfighter bikes. I think I'm going for a used SV650. I dont plan to mod it too much. I just want to get a feel for riding on the street since I havent ridden since I was 6 or 7 and my neighbors had dirtbikes. I plan to step up to a nice liter bike once I feel comfortable with the SV. I'm a tall guy (6'5") and not sure how well I'll fit on a sport bike.

I just found the picture forum today, so Ive been browsing thru there. You guys have some really nice bikes. I plan to work on my fabrication skills as time goes on, cause that seems even more important in the bike world than with cars. And I hope some of your creativity rubs off on me. Thanks for having me!

BTW, I'm a big Nissan fan. I had a 1996 240sx for about a year before I lost it in an accident. Check out my favorite car forum (www.nicoclub.com).

Jordan

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Well welcome buddy.
get your licence, bike accidents can be less forgiving than the car veriety,

I would say the SV is a good choice as a starter bike,

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
welcome to the site dude,glad your taking an interest in bikes.an sv is a great starter bike and tere happens to be a couple sv fanatics on this board,however its dam near impossible to understand bb

those 240 are cool cars,well as far as cars go

·
Ebay PosterChild
981 Posts
Britjoe said:
Well welcome buddy.
get your licence, bike accidents can be less forgiving than the car veriety,

I would say the SV is a good choice as a starter bike,

pffff i've been driving since i was 16 on the streets and i still don't even have a learners

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
you must be a fantastic rider then huh, and I bet you have insurance too huh..

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Go for a 2003 and up(GenII) SV..the earlier ones(Gen I) had some crank issues. If you go to buy one, start it up and let it run till its warm..if you hear any kind of "knocking" sounds form the bottom end, don't buy it.

Good luck and welcome to CF.com.

·
There you go!

Enjoy your SV650 and work with it to find your limits and eventually you will find it's limitations, then it will be time to move on up to an SV1k.

I'm currently un-learning 5 years of 130bhp BMW K1200RS riding so I'm sorta coming at this from the opposite direction but I had a SV650 one time and it still has a place in my heart all these years on.
Sincerely, BB

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
Remember that, unlike cars, bikes can be modified to fit any size person :D
New rearsets, new bars. You'll fit if you work it right.

·
KNUCKLE UP
209 Posts
Welcome to the greatest place on the planet. I'm just a little north of ya. If you need any help just look me up.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the comments about the SV.

BB, not sure what to make of that vid, but thanks (I guess) haha...

·
Ebay PosterChild
981 Posts
Britjoe said:
you must be a fantastic rider then huh, and I bet you have insurance too huh..

who needs insurance it's a fighter just duct tape the headlight back on or a nice pilot weld should do the trick i say

·
hannibal said:
Thanks for the welcome and the comments about the SV.
BB, not sure what to make of that vid, but thanks (I guess) haha...
Hehehe youre welcome dude. it's more about the "whats goin' on" soundtrack than the dogs cartoon. enjoy the madness! :LolLolLolLol:

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Welcome to the boards !!

Post up a pic as SOON as you get a bike !!
Untill then Just post up !! :party-smiley:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts