Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I want to do this to the bandit. Now the wheel i am wanting to use can be cncd(?) to what ever I need with the exception of the bead. I can not get them to put a mc bead in the rim. Now if everyone's using a +40 ofset in the rim with a 21mm spacer to get a 19mm ofset, it would be exactly the same just to get them to build the rim with a 19mm ofset... right? Or am I visualizing this completely wrong?

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
I'm not even sure what thread or how deep into it the info was, but there was someone on here that had a wheel made to spec like you are talking about, worked great too. Far too early and not enough coffee for me to be doing math or digging through the unreal amount of threads with SSSA's in them though so hopefully they chime in about it. :)

Probably saw it on facebook, but I recently (last month or two) saw pics of a car wheel on a huge lathe getting a section cut out of it and then welded back together for the correct offset on a SSSA, after it was cleaned up and painted you could never tell it started out as wide as it was.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
How wide of a tire profile are you looking to fit on there? Do you just not like the design of the factory VFR wheels? Cause the newer VFR800 rims can accomodate a 200mm tire IIRC. You really wont need anything wider. Itll just look cooler at that point but will weigh much more and make the bike turn wider and handle worse depending on how radical youre trying to go.

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
I am pretty sure now that it was Roman of Full Of Hate Cycle fab that was doing the wheel narrowing on FB recently, there is also companies such as 'wheel wide' that modifies wheels to spec. I'm pretty sure there is somewhere out there that would modify a wheel for you for a reasonable cost.

Had a VFR800 wheel on my '93 900RR with a VFR800 arm (seriously not the route you want to go fitting the 800 arm, did it once, never again) and it is a 5.5 inch wheel, fits 180's, if you really are hell bent on a bigger tire a 190 will fit but has a very tall center section due to being on the narrow wheel.

Never really heard of anyone going with a 200 section tire on a 5.5, seems 6 inch or 6.5 is the required width to comfortably fit the 200's. I had a 240 centered up on my 900RR (well, 4.5mm off center isn't shit, I would say with a meat like that out back it's pretty damn center! :D) so it's not as though it would take much to run a 6.5 inch wide wheel out back with a 200 section tire, just finding that illusive 6.5x17 is the tricky part of it as you've clearly found out for yourself.

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot all about this lol. My first post was not clear at all so let me try to explain a little better. I have a vfr750 arm that I want to put on my mk1 bandit. Originally back in DEC I was looking to squeeze a 17x8 / 240 combo back there but I know now that's not really possible without major frame mods. Now I'm looking at just going with the 17x7 / 210 combo. Now, I would like to still use this wheel

Without using a spacer since they will make it to what ever backspacing I need. So my question was if I need a +40 offset wheel and a 20mm spacer can I just get them to make the wheel +20 offset? Would that be the same?

Thanks guys

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So.... Lol I take it nobody knows for sure either? It seems like a no brainer to me but... The wheel cost more then I paid for the whole bike...smh. I don't mind the price I just don't wanna hafta pay it twice, you know lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts