Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha makes a product that I have to swear by :party-smiley:

This cleaner comes from yamaha in plain black quart bottles. I got it from the service manager at a yamaha dealership. It wasn't sold on the shelf, but when he ordered another bottle I told him to pick one up for me.It is made to use with the carb installed. You actualy mix it with gas. drain the bowles and pour this into the carbs, let it sit over night and drain it, do it again. It works great.
It actualy has saved me from messin with the carbs on these bikes several times. I don't have a name ( I'm at work ) but it's a yamaha product and it's the shit !!!!! For some folks they get thier carbs cleaned or dipped every year because they don't do any preventative maintaince.

I have a buddy who ; as soon as it gets cold he puts his bike up for the winter and doesn't do anything for it. He just stickes it in the garage. The past 2 years there has been carb issues and battery also. If he would just get a battery tender and a little fuel stabilizer, he'd be good to go :mad: Never the less I seem to do this each year for at least 2 or 3 friends. I like to help, i realy do, but this is getting old. I tried to explain that the small amount of gas in a bike or a bikes carb can go bad fast and actualy leave a film that can clog up the carb. This shit get's it good without even taking it apart.

The piece of shit gs500e i sold him is running like a champ again :rock:

Don't know if anyone goes through this with friends, but i have more than once.

where the fuck is the spell check ???:confused:

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I see that more than you'll ever know. The wierd weather in Calgary plays with peoples heads and I can't count how many carb rebuilds we do and how many new batteries we sell every spring. It's ridiculous.

My spell check is built into my browser...I use Firefox.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Green Lantern said:
yo cat,think you can find what that stuff is called ?i ask the dudes at the yammy dealership today and they just looked at me blankly
YES SIR !

It is a yamaha product, that's why nothing came to mind before. I grabbed it out of the garage and snapped a pic. Just Yamaha carb cleaner, removes tarnish and fuel residue. ;)

Good stuff :rock: sorry terrible pic.

Attachments

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
catman said:
YES SIR !

It is a yamaha product, that's why nothing came to mind before. I grabbed it out of the garage and snapped a pic. Just Yamaha carb cleaner, removes tarnish and fuel residue. ;)

Godd stuff :rock: sorry terrible pic.
:LolLolLolLol: thanks dude.now i have somethin i can show em:rock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts