Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished my build a while ago , the easy bolting designing and welding was done ! But it's running dog shit ! So I got it on a rr the graph is below ! Way to rich ! Then way to lean and pretty much everything in between , dyna guy said it's the worst he's seen in a while.

Now I'm pretty new to tuning carbs , I can bolt them on clean them ect but can anyone help me out by telling me what I need to do to get this fuel right ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
So your pilot circuit is far too rich. Go down a jet size or two and back to the factory setting on the mix screws. After that, maybe go down one main jet and richer by a step or two on the needles. You're going to need to buy a jet kit anyway. Start there and see what their recommended settings are.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Am I the only one who finds it really annoying when the graphs show wheel speed rather than RPM?

Anyway, yeah. Call dynojet, tell them your bike and any mods and they'll be able to recommend a kit and which jets in it to use. Stock needles are usually not adjustable. That should at least get you close and hammer out the bogging and flat spots you probably have. Spin it up again and then can do the fine tuning with the a/f screws and needle position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.