Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this is my first post. Just found the site and wanted to share my bike with everyone.

Here's where it started: AMA Formula Extreme motor, which has about every modification possible and was dynoed at 162 at the rear wheel.

Engine:
Fully Ported Heads with Ti valves and retainers
3mm over cylinders and JE pistons
Race cam
Matched rods and crank
HRC Close Ratio Transmission
HRC Slipper Clutch
Polished Flat Slide Carbs

Next, stripped the bike down to the frame and had it powder coated black along with the VFR swing arm and wheels. Then Covered the Main Frame in REAL Carbon Fiber.

Chassis:
Forks by Linderman Engineering
Billet Triple Clamp
Fox Twin Click rear shock modified by LE
Brembo Calipers
320mm Rotors
VFR 750 SSSA
CBR 600 17" Front Rim
VFR 900 Rear Rim

I used a 1994 VFR 750 swingarm. I did try to use an 800 swingarm (thicker and in my opion looks better) but it would not fit. It was much wider then the frame and I really don’t see how it could have been machined to fit, maybe they were fitting the 800 swingarm to a 929 or 954??? I did however use the 800 (5 spoke) wheel because it is 5.5 wide and the 700 wheel is only 5 wide but like wingnut1 stated, I had to grind notches into the rear hub face to clear the brake rotor bolts. Funny thing is when I took it in to the dealer to mount the tire and balance it; it was perfect, no weights needed! (Dam I'm good)

The only thing I needed to have made was a spacer which goes in-between the swingarm and the frame at the pivot bolt. I had a few extras made if anybody is interested. I also drilled two holes in the top of the arm at either end and routed the brake line through the arm for a very clean look.

More Recent Pics w/o the Red

I got the tail from QB Carbon in Germany and the subframe is a modified stock piece. The tail is Fiberglass and I purchased an undertail for an R6 on ebay that had the taillights I liked and it looked like a close fit. I cut out the lights and cut the tail piece and everything fit together pretty good. Epoxy and Bondo to attach and finish it.

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Currently I am patching together a loom to move birds nest of wire from the front of the bike to under the tank. Only 900rr owner will feel my pain here. After that I need a headlight and signlas and I am ready to go. Gettin Close.

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is an overlay. It's just carbon streched over the fame and epoxyed inplace.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
the vfr 800 swingarm only works from the first gen vfr800, just needs a 20 mm by 25 mm spacer with a 20 mm bore. ie from 94 to 97 I believe. the later vfr 800 swingarms were wider.

nike looks hot by the way. I'de be interested in seing more info on the overlay.

I also have a fox shox double clicker on my bike. how do you like yours?

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, the bike is getting close.... looking for head light ideas? Anyone got one they need to get rid of?

The carbon fiber is super easy to do, thinking about doing the front and rear fenders in carbon as well.

t

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
i might....:D

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you still have the SV light or the 919 light? PM me a price.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
i have my busted 636 headlight, tabs are broken but i have most of them, one lense is scratched but may be able to be buffed out

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
New Pic of the ride... one headlight away from street legal.

recent chages are a "custom" Tach, modified the damper to sit below the missing headlight, and finished up the loom. Rear brake went to a pressure switch and not quite working yet but the rest of the loom is put back together.

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
one more... and yes the bike is in my living room.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
OMFG millerbc!!! You still looking for that headlight??? i dont really wanna give it up, but that sv light would look perfect on there!!

BIKE LOOKS FUCKIN BEAUTIFUL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts