Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:knucks:

Just had one of the most ridiculous days of my life. Went down about 45 minutes to fight a 100+ speeding ticket I got a few weeks back, trying to get it down to under 100 to save a few hundred $ and hopefully some points off the license. Anyway, I rush down there straight from work, getting there just on time for my court appointment and running in with my nice work clothes, back pack and all.

As I go through the metal detector, the guard says "Why do you have brass knuckles is your bag?" I totally forgot I had them in there, found them a few months back, used them to make a stencil for my last bike then was gunna throw them on the Zed at some point, and have just had them on me bc I live in the hood in Oakland, and basically forgot about them. I said "Oh shit, I forgot those were in there, you can throw them away or take them or whatever, I dont need them." But wait! Slapped cuffs on me and got 2 felonies!! one for having knucks and another for bringing a deadly weapon into a court house!

Spent the rest of the day in Solano County Jail, dealing with bail and all the fun things that go along with being locked up. And because of this, I missed my goddamn court date and now probably have a warrant for my arrest, have to find out tomorrow if the judge filed one or not. I admit it was pretty stupid to have them in my bag and not to even think about looking through for paraphernalia before going to the court house (as there could have been something much worse:shocker:).

But just a warning: The cop told me that if I had them welded to the bike, and a cop wanted to be a total dick, he could cite me for carrying a deadly weapon. chances are pretty low that would happen, but just a heads up. And remember to check your bag before knowingly handing it over to LE for a search...:knucks:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Lawyer up. Be proactive. Maybe you can get this reduced to a misdemeanor

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
These laws are becomin a fookin farce! If Antony Weaner can flash pics of his smelly tiny dick to young gals all over tha cuntry and still run fer NYC mayor,then WTF! does a wee ornament have to do with being felonios? Some of this shite is gonna get certain twapts hurt real bad eventualy fer sure. Hope ya get of with that trumped up faggoty yuppy charge mate !

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Def lawyer up. A vendor at Fighter Fest was selling them under the guise as a belt buckle. Just a thought.

Reactions: oldrider and ROBBO

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
That's a real :oops: moment that turns all fucked up, real fast. Some people have no sense of others having honesty, seems it's a requirement to be a police officer or security guard.

I fortunately have never been hit with them, but two friends caught punches to the head with knucks and they are indeed a deadly weapon, neither needed more than some stitches, but if it would have been a nice solid hit to the face it would have been a much different story. The off chance you would go nuts enough to rush a courthouse employee and start swinging you could indeed do a ton of damage before being detained. Like said, lawyer up and try to get this shit reduced, those are charges that you DO NOT want on your record.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That sucks good luck with getting it they don't look to highly on bring those in the court house

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
fuck that shit

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
Holy balls that sucks. If they were welded to your bike I don't see how any cop could justify carrying a deadly weapon. Just like the new craze with suppressors on bb guns and the old craze of 1.5" flash suppressors pinned to 14.5" AR barrels to make them legal; it is permanently fixed and cannot be used in a way that could make it illegal.

I'd deffinately use the paperweight and/or show some pics of your bike where you used it as a stencil.

Good luck with this one.

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Damn, that really sucks. Good luck with getting out of that charge.

Fucked up as it is, as long as it's yours it's better to be caught with a loaded concealed handgun than it is to be caught with brass knuckles, nunchucks, fixed blade knife, club/baton, or various other things concealed. California has some stupid fucking laws.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
in California to boot!

is it even legal to still say the word "automatic weapon" in that state anymore?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you ran into a court room with brass knuckles in your bag?

dude i am sorry but you earned this one.
Ya I know, not trying to shift fault. just thought id throw out a warning bc it is easy to forget we live in a country where there is no way to reason with law enforcement, and im sure many of us do far more incriminating things than this...

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
I once walked into a court building with a full roll of 20g safety wire in my bag (pretty much only time I went to criminal court, as a witness). That was 15 years ago, before the country went nuts about people who carry anything harder than a nerf ball in their pockets. I think it helped that I had a couple sets of pliers and a wrench as well... then again, these days those would be seen as "bomb making tools".

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
you ran into a court room with brass knuckles in your bag?

dude i am sorry but you earned this one.

He didn't. They caught it at the metal detector.Which is what they are for.

It wasn't like he had them shoved up his ass trying to smuggle them in. It's a bullshit charge any way you look at it.

A fucking ink pen is a deadly weapon if you use it right and you don't see them snatching those outta peoples shirt pockets.

I've said it before,and I'll say it again: Love my Country-Hate my Gov't.

Good luck on this one dude. Go get that lawyer.

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
Ya I know, not trying to shift fault. just thought id throw out a warning bc it is easy to forget we live in a country where there is no way to reason with law enforcement, and im sure many of us do far more incriminating things than this...
A few years ago, this was a caricature....now it's becoming the norm

·
Registered
740 Posts
Jesus, that blows. I was going to court (w/a lawyer) for some traffic BS a while ago, and noticed I had my leatherman multitool clip on my pocket...kind of habit, carry it everywhere and didn't even think that it would be considered a weapon in court. He noticed and said that if I had tried to enter court with it, it could have been a felony.

Unfortunately with charges like that you absolutely need to hire a lawyer. It's total BS and obviously an accident but as said there's no "common sense" or "reasoning" with LEO's these days. It's by-the-book, black-and-white. Representing yourself is suicide these days. The thing is I've found, lawyers can vary very widely on skill and overall quality. Stay away from huge, advertise on tv law firms. They'll assign some paralegal fresh out of the bar to your case and charge you up the ass. Look up a small, local law firm and ask to consult with one of the attorneys. If they give you BS that isn't possible, or you need to make an appointment, move on until you find one who is willing to consult with you immediately. Local attorneys are more likely to know the judges and prosecutor's tendencies, what they're strict on, ect, and this can definitely work to your advantage.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts