Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am running into some issues with color combinations...

I really like metallic colored wheels, I was looking to make my third bike metallic blue, bronze, aluminium and black. However, I have run into some issues of finding a good bronze that I like and that isn't really, really dark.

Here is the bike, almost as she sits.

Here is the wheel as it sits painted with Duplicolor Bronze Wheel Paint.

And on the bike.

The wheels are dark, they may end up looking good, but I don't want the wheels to be that dark. (I want something on the bike to pop without having shiny stuff.

I have tried a similar color from Rustoleum.

It is too brown and doesn't quite look right to me.

So, the question I have is, do you guys have any ideas for a lighter shade of bronze paint or what colors do you think might go well with her?

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the blue/gold combination like the old Subaru WRX, but I didn't want to use a gold on this bike as I am going to be using it on the SV650.

Looking for something more like:

This is the wheel with rotors.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
The "gold" wheels on my Duc are pretty dark but look nice i think:

I just had a look trying to find a link to the colour but didn't have much luck. Same colour as the frame and used on 916 wheels if that helps your seaching....

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the gold on the Ducati works very well with the lighter colored body work. I really wanted the blue to the be the darker shade.

Went and grabbed a few more colors. (Why can't I be less picky?)

I have an evil thought in my head, but what are your opinions?

None of these are exactly it, but I think one or two of them are close.

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I have found my color...

Nissan's Sunset Bronze

I picked up a can of it (non-aerosol) and quickly put it on a test subject. (Ignore the drips and stroke marks please, I do not have the means of spraying this paint yet.)

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
I think I have found my color...

Nissan's Sunset Bronze
That is it in my opinion. None of the ones on the cardboard looked quite right. Maybe the one on the far right but this Nissan Sunset Bronze will go great against that blue.

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is it in my opinion. None of the ones on the cardboard looked quite right. Maybe the one on the far right but this Nissan Sunset Bronze will go great against that blue.
I just want to paint the rest of the wheel, mount a tire and pop it on the bike. (Too bad the paint is a bit expensive and messy for me to be brushing it on.)

Will have to wait for my SV wheels to come in a couple days.

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts