Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Catman's 1995 GSXR 750 " Hard Knocks " Discussion

^^^^ Yep Yep !! ^^^^^

I went in 3 different directions at the same time in the past 2 days :confused:

1. I carved a nice little tail unit = took a few hours and some styrofome. I glued the pieces togeather with elmers glue and then carved as close to what I had sketched out, as I could. I started sanding it, but didn't quite finish the shape.

2. I drilled and lightly polished the top tripple and mounted my risers and fat bars.

3. I pulled the subframe off made some measurments, did some cutin and some figureing and mocked up what needed to be welded.

I did these quick for mock up ,so I could get a better direction then finishing any one. Then ordered some stuff.

I got the general shape of the tail.
I got figured out how the subframe is going to need be welded.
I got the bars figured out , but not all the forward controlls yet.
I will probably cut a belly pan out of the lowers
I still need to figure out what light i will use and a good powder coater
Lots of stuff to come including .......PICS ! HA:LolLolLolLol::D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
catman i'm pumped to see this build. finally doing yourself an old skool gsxr.

im sure mayhem would be pumped to do your p.coating . . . if you can ship.

post pics of said foamed tail! we wanna see!!!

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Lets see what you have going on for the tail there man

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As soon as I get home from work. I will post pics of all 3 things I was messin with sat and sun. All are mock up's and I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to the fiberglass. I'm getting help with that when I comes time. A week or 2 at the most !

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
looks great cat :rock:

G

·
Christmas at Catman's place? Nothing better than new goodies in the mail... except putting them on the bike!:rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
I think your tail is coming along great :catman: . . . i think the seat pan area is about 6" too long. I would end the tail section even with the axle nut
:twocents:

great progress so far! keep it up! looks like Catman wants to win another one guys!!!

:metal:

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think your tail is coming along great :catman: . . . i think the seat pan area is about 6" too long. I would end the tail section even with the axle nut
:twocents:

:metal:
Thanks, I'm Doin work !

I left the seat area big till I get the subframe finished. I plan to cut it in in the croch and leave the edges to mold it to bolt onto the tank, on the existing holes and cover that a little ?? we shall see ??

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
sounds good. so it'll wrap around the bottom of the tanks a bit! thats sweeeeeeet!

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
looking good man

can't wait to see how it turns out

glad you took a oldschool GSX-R :suzuki:

100% :sven: approved ;)

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Nice work on the subby so far...doesnt look bad as is..mbe toss a seat on it and make your own mohawks of water!! ;)

I think thats gonna look great..but please, no fucking diamond plate on it. :twocents:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts