Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Trying to follow the line of the tank ?? But in reverse :nuts:

Got the shape of the rear done and ready !!! :rock: that was the hard part.
Now make a removeable seat pan and a little more fiberglassing to build up around it. Maybee a small pad for behind my back, and I'll have this thing ready to send it all off for paint !!! WooooHooooo :party-smiley:
I'll be happy to have went through the time and hastle when I'm done !

Little feedback ??

:knucks:

Reactions: Houseoffubar

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Taking my time with the tail and seat, cuzzzzzz it's gonna be sweet !!

I was holding back the profile pics till I got the seat done but here ya go !

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I had to modify the headlight brackets a little to make them stronger and I wired up the lights ! In the process of making the guage mount now !

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Here is the seat pan cut out.
The bottom piece will be gassed in and bodyworked around. The insert piece will be the wrapped seat , wich will snap or pop in. The cut out on the bottom piece will be my acess to attaching bolts 2 atop and 2 sides.

Here she goes

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well I got the frame piece that the seat pan will snap into , all glassed up and sealed so it's water proof. Using pvc board as the seat pan to wrap. All that needs to be done is wrap the seat using some gell insert ofcoarse, grind it a little so the bondo sticks, using a little kitty hair ? and shape ths sides, primer and paint !! Woooo hooo

I was able to score 2 sets of Michelin pilot race rain tires and mounted them up. Me likey ! LOL
sorry for the shitty pics !

Reactions: jagr

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Tail is finished, bodywork and prep for paint almost finished !! :knucks: wrapping and Enbroidering the seat !!

Everything is going off to paint today !!! Got everything rewired.
Sorry, I'm just all excited, fluids goin back in today and I may bleed the brakes , and rig up a new choke cable or something, while I'm waiting on paint. and start doing some polishing.
Need to start her up , get her on the dyno and get her tuned up as soon as I can. I been riding alot the last few weeks and I wanna ride her while I finish up !!

I just weighed the box of cut off and left over parts in the basement and it weighs 26lb. I did replace some weight, but not even 1/2 that.
I'll post up pics of said weighed box of parts !

Pics to follow......... Dial up !!

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well got the guages mounted up and I'm taking a look at maybee something , Fiberglass ?? Inbetween the lights to cover up a little, maybee a v shape inbetween the lights and follow over to the sides ?/ Dunno ?

Side view ;)

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
All new forward controlls , cables and got them all adjusted. I took care of rerouting wires and new battery fit and charged. Turn signals, brake and tail light ready, gonna paint over the blinkers !! LOL

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
1. I made a exhaust bracket
2. Filled it up with brake fluid and bled the rear brakes !
3. Flushed out the cooling system and filled it up with engine ice premix.
4. Mounted up the rear shock resi.
5. finished adjusting the chain and rear.
6. cleaned the carbs one last time.
7. fresh oil change
8. replaced the fuel filters

Reactions: daxabone

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
wrapping and embroirdering the seat now !
Wow, this was alot more involved than I thought !

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Rolled it out the house last night. I did about 100 miles test ride today and tried to tune it the best i can for now. I'm always worried if I have everything buttoned down, so I didn't push it much.
50 miles or so in the rain ! These rain tires are nice, but the paint aint perfect anymore !! LOL

21 - 34 of 34 Posts