Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Catman's Suzuki GSX-R 750 stuntfighter (The Chameleon) - Official Buildoff Thread

ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN HERE!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
catman. im liking what youve done so far.

i know this is your stunt bike...is it a lot bike? street stunter? or both?

i've heard people say that running a lower fairing will fuck you up at speeds, as it catches wind and messes with the airflow...not sure how true it is.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
also...it looks like your running a handbrake on there correct??

if so, how long of a brake line did you run?

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Street stunna bro -1 +2 !!!!

Thanks , i think it's gonna be too pretty to destroy though. I might have to look for another stunt bike !!!

Don't think it will make a diff. with the fairing it will still cut the wiiiind.

·
4,286 Posts
Yea I did it right on the handbrake, The brake line is 80 inches, It's a little too long but only by a couple of inches ??

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
the longest the catalog at work listed is a 72". i was tryin to figure out if thatd be long enough

·
4,286 Posts
929_adam said:
the longest the catalog at work listed is a 72". i was tryin to figure out if thatd be long enough
Let me look up where i got it and I'll get you the info or pick one up for ya, if you need me too. Nice clear plastic coating and 80 inches long. Tomorow I'll post up where to get it and how much !!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
sounds like you've been a busy man...cant wait to see how shes lookin in feb!

keep up the good work buddy! :metal:

·
4,286 Posts
I need to take more pics in the process cuz once it's togeather it's hard to see all the little shit I'm doin ??

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
yah. THATS WHAT IM SAYING!

:ttiwwop: ---- okay i mean THAT thread is wwop!

plus i like all the stunt mods your doing! so how bout keeping a motha fucka informed!

:metal:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
WOW! you're doing a ton of stuff. what a good job. i love the tank, the rhino liner is pefect for that. how were you able to spray it on there yourself?? you work for them or somthing??

that rear brake cal. carrier is sick! you had that custom made didnt you?? im looking for somthing like that too. good shit man.

youre doing a sick job. looks like your the furthest along so far too!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
catman said:
Did you see the covers for the air intake holes in da frame in post 14 ? aluminum perf. we may run apther piece wit a little bigger holes for a radiator cover todaY !!!:party-smiley:

how did you get that in there?? did you tac weld it to the frame or somthing?? looks good.

·
4,286 Posts
929_adam said:
how did you get that in there?? did you tac weld it to the frame or somthing?? looks good.

Screwed 2 pieces togeather with tiney screws so they are exactly the same. used a sharpy held it over the cut out and traced it on easy cuz you can see through the stuff. LOL .... Cut and grinded them exact to fit tight, I put a small bead of pematex black weather stripping, gasket maker and a snug fit to make it tight !:D

·
4,286 Posts
929_adam said:
WOW! you're doing a ton of stuff. what a good job. i love the tank, the rhino liner is pefect for that. how were you able to spray it on there yourself?? you work for them or somthing??

that rear brake cal. carrier is sick! you had that custom made didnt you?? im looking for somthing like that too. good shit man.

youre doing a sick job. looks like your the furthest along so far too!

thanks ..........This is coming out exactly like i planned. I gots tons more coming off this week too.
Yea mine is the nicest dual caliper bracket Iv'e seen, One off cnc'd ?????

You can buy rattle can touch up paint for the bed liner too, small can or large can.

·
4,286 Posts
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BOYEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

I cut and fit a sweet radiator cover painted it and installed it !
Man it looks frikkin great !!! :party-smiley:

I pick up my headlight on my way home from work today !! Gonna go home and cut on it :ninja: and paint on it some and make a new wind screen for it :LolLolLolLol:

I'll post up some pics just incase ya'll's interested :cfcartman: :ninja:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
lol. i love the pic of the cyclops on your forks. ahaha.

how did you attach that screen over your radiator? tac welds??

·
4,286 Posts
929_adam said:
lol. i love the pic of the cyclops on your forks. ahaha.

how did you attach that screen over your radiator? tac welds??

Strange thing is when i put the radiator back on i noticed it had a recess where something like this would actualy slide right in if cut to size like it was made that way JUST FOR ME !! hahaha:D

same thing with the air intake tubes, no luck untill the 3rd time i realy looked at it, did i end up figureing out what would work for me.:LolLolLolLol:

·
4,286 Posts
#3 things in the process of making right now.

1. a new kickstand. I agreed with Steve awhile back when he said that stock kickstands suck and are plain, soooo I threw it out !!

2. aluminum perf covers for the holes in my tail next to the 12 bar.

3. making my own hexagon brake fluid resi's too

I'll probably have these done by the begining of the week painted and installed .

Pics in the build off thread in a few days !!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts