Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN:
Catman's Suzuki GSX-R 750 stuntfighter (The Chameleon) Discussion

I would like to enter this bike if it's ok ? This is what it looks like now and still disassembling it and fiddleing around. I can stop till the 1'st though ??? I traded a quad for it. Some stuff done, but got lot's more in the works to do to finish it. Tons of parts ordered and more being shipped out ??
Roadworthy almost, but got alot of plans.Im not that good yet at wrenchin but I am having a blast with it !!

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Catman's gixxer stuntfighter

Ok here are a few plans for the chameleon.

before the build i was able to aquire these things to make it almost roadworthy but not assembled....
front and rear wheels- (used)
brake disks - all 3- (used )
fork tubes- (used )
plastics ( used ) from a 1,000
905 cage- ( used )
steel braided brake lines - 3used -1 new
81 in.steel braided hand brake line
2 gsxr 1,000 - masters, one for each hand. LOL- both ( used )
2 brake fluid resi's- ( used )
stuntex oil pickup- ( new )
chopped yoshi can- ( used )
clip ons- ( used )
rear subframe- then am having it supported and painted then supported some more....!!!- ( used )
905 12-bar- ( new )
front fender- ( used )
disabled tip over sensor- ( used )
clutch basket- New
new chain
second rear caliper ( for handbrake )- ( used )
cnc'd rear dual caliper mount
-1 front sprocket +2 rear sprocket
1 can of fast black high temp paint
4 cans of spray on truck bed liner ( RINO liner off brand )

I have soooooo much planned for this It's gonna be tight !!!!

Got a few koo idia's how I'm doing my seats and verry origanal.

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Catman's GSX-R stuntfighter (The Chameleon)

I've Been workin on my fighter for the last day and a 1/2. Been realy goin at it !! I put a new clutch and basket and stunttex oil pickup in. My uncle is welding up my subframe. I wrapped the exhaust this evening and put the header back on and found out i gots a slow oil leak. Shit ! I guess the oil comes out, the header comes back off and I'll clean up the pan and try again, so enough for now.

Oh yea the wrap looks sick !!!!:party-smiley:
I'll post up pics tomorow.

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used the 2in. wrap it is kinda tan in color ( they calll it silver it's not it's the tan color ) I got a 50ft. roll for $44.95 at cincy speed warehouse. They keep it in stock. The ties i got are made by the same company but they suck and are not worth it and are also defective every other one. ?? I used them where you could see the tie and saftey wire where it isn't visable. I did wet it a little bit also, it helped. I love it and it looks GREAT to me !!!!!

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the wrap :D I'm lovin it :party-smiley:

What you's think ??

click to inlarge

Attachments

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are a few pics of the wrap. It did turn out nice i think ( 2 cent smiley goes here ).
Thanks for the help and input when i asked about it , skrooz, guys !!!!!!!

click to inlarge

Attachments

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My cleaned up tripple.......... and tire too !

click to inlarge

Attachments

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, tons of progress on the gixxer over the last few days.
I was able to get the suframe welded up !! It is verry strong now several suports and made 2 suport arms that bolt on behind the rearsets !! I then drilled the subframe and fitted a 12 bar on the back. I installed the subframe and bar and it just barely fit with the suports i put accross the 2 passenger pegs to streanthen them to stand on and WHEELIE !

I ordered a cyclops headlight that I'm making my own wind screen for that will go with the bike.
I made some air intake covers for the frame.
I measured to cut a radiator cover for the inside also.
This is coming out sooooooooooo sick.:rock:

I unrolled some metal coduate and wrapped some of my visable wires with it.

I modified a cage that i got from a parted out stunt bike and painted it also !!!

I know pics, pics,

NOT YET !!!! hehehehehehe
I've done more toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :rock:

I am de man, I am de man , I am so bad i should be .......ah forget it :nuts:

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's tha cage

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the tank. The first time i sprayed it wit truck bed liner, Up close it was messed up so i retaped it and sprayed it again a little better, Done wit it

click to inlarge

Attachments

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's my hand brake set up. I'm done wit it i think, Moose easy pull clutch one finger lever gsxr1000 master, a used fluid resi from the rear of a cruiser. 80 inch steal braded line going to a dual caliper set up on the rear.

click to inlarge

Attachments

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

\

Since i got the brake lines used and they were alreay wrapped with the blue plastic , I took that off so it would match a little better ( the front 2 and the rear )

The Dual rear caliper mount is a machined piece and fits like a glove, Not the cut 2 and weld them togeather meathod.

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's the subframe, there is 6 extra suports total going cross the subframe at various points and a new seat lach loop. two supports going from each passenger peg and passing right under the tail. Sparyed flat back wit high temp paint. There are 2 supports that mount to pass. pegs and rearsets also for to make it STRONG !

click to inlarge

Attachments

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The subframe !!

click to inlarge

Attachments

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you see the covers for the air intake holes in da frame in post 11 ? aluminum perf. I think I'll do the radiator cover the same way !!!:party-smiley:

All spayed with truck bed liner !! hahahaha

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
12 bar !! I drilled the holes for the 12 bar , measured to get it right and bolted it to the subframe. The plastics, were cut to acomidate the chunk of metal hanging out the rear:ninja: :ninja: :D :party-smiley:

Reactions: ab420

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Radiator gaurd I cut the aluminum perf to the right size of the inside of the radiator. Strangely, there was a perfect groove already there to slide it right in

Front fender shaved a aftermarket cheeper replacement and sprayed it with truck bed liner !
You like the cut pic of the headlight to give me a couple of idias ???LOL

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well here's my kickstand !!
I made it out of rebar that i cut out the concrete at work :LolLolLolLol:

drew it out on cardboard the angles of the bracket and the spring holder, cut them off the stock one and welded the rebar there intead !! :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :nuts:

click to inlarge

Attachments

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's one with it painted and installed ....

Please all coments welcome in the discussion thread

click to inlarge

Attachments

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My covers for my big gapeing holes in the tail. Cut out of aluminum perf again ,bent them to fit, and still be able to remove the body. drilled , tapped the holes and screwed them to the frame. They are solid and seem to look decent enough !! I likey :party-smiley: :LolLolLolLol:

click to inlarge

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts