Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Braaap To The Future
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Joined been working on this thing for a while now still not quite there, my first full on custom. Already started a few other projects since I got this one going but this is my baby so I'm taking my time with her. It's a '77 cb750 Super Sport bored out to an 836, Web cam, Titanium Valves, Guides, Springs and Tappets. The front end, swingarm and wheels are from an 86 GSXR 750. Chopped the frame and added a few supports to make a cool little tail section. Dyna 2000 ignition, finally saved enough to get the CR carbs as well, much more going on this old bag don't ask me why I'm putting so much effort into such an old bike but whatever.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF bike is looking good

·
always a work in progress
472 Posts
Badass man. My father in law had an 836 kit in his 750 back in the late 70's - he still talks about that bike as the "one that got away". Can't wait to see where you go with this build. It looks great so far! And no one here is going to ask "why are you putting so much effort into an old bike?" - We get it.

·
Braaap To The Future
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's some more shots:

getting started

brush your teeth kids:

parts coming in:

new legs:

front plate idea:

pipes:

two is better than one, it was really soft so got another ebay special R6 shock

coming together

headlight ideas

carb upgrade

last time it was together:

its torn back down for paint now, still not sure on the front plate v.s. those other two headlight options wondering what you guys think?

·
always a work in progress
472 Posts
Wow, I LOVE the dual shock set up. I don't know if I've seen that before. Its a sweet alternative instead of having to go full Mono. The picture from behind looks mean as hell with the 2 shocks and the 2 pipes.

I like the single round headlight with no shroud.

·
Braaap To The Future
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, I can't take credit for the tank a few of my buddies have been helping me. Actually we been having problems with oil tank placement so we are gunna cut the back 1/3 of the tank off wall out an oil section, roll out a dent and weld in back like it is now so the tank will have gas and oil in one with the feed lines coming out the bottom.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Its been said allready but I love the twin shock idea its so origanal and looks awesome and some top notch fab skills.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Thanks, I can't take credit for the tank a few of my buddies have been helping me. Actually we been having problems with oil tank placement so we are gunna cut the back 1/3 of the tank off wall out an oil section, roll out a dent and weld in back like it is now so the tank will have gas and oil in one with the feed lines coming out the bottom.
Just remember where your legs gotta go...and yer nuts. 200+ degree oil in the back end of that tank could get, um, uncomfortable. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.