Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 415 Posts

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CB750F rat / fighter

Hey guys, Just joined today to post some pics of my bike. I have not owned a bike since 96. Before that I had all the ninjas, GSXRs, V-max, etc. I was surfing the net and discovered rat bikes and street fighters. I got the bug and went out looking for a cheap, solid bike I could screw around with and make my own monster. I found a 1981 CB750F for $700.00. Then I proceded to destroy it. But now it is my custom creation and I love it.

Basically I just put on clubman cafe bars, blacked out the wheels, gave her a nice flat black spray job, cut of the rear end, cut the seat in half, tossed out the fenders and rear pegs, cut the shocks and lowered it. I just have to get rid of that huge tailight for a small one and I should be about done. Just rigged up the rear light so I could take her for a spin.

Also, let me say that I have no mechanical ability and am proud to call myself a "hack". I was just excited that it started and all the lights worked when I was done. I see that most guys on here are very talented and create cool bikes. I just wanted to tinker in the garage and get away from the WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
student
1,347 Posts
id say, lose the big ass turn signals, lose the side panels, get some bar end mirrors.

Nice start though

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just rigged up the stock tailight so I could ride it around until I make up a mount and put on a smaller light. I put the small turn signals on the rear end but the front signals have three wires. The rear ones only have two. How do you mount up the small ones on the front w/the extra wire? Like I said, I am not very mechanically knowledgable.

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
I just rigged up the stock tailight so I could ride it around until I make up a mount and put on a smaller light. I put the small turn signals on the rear end but the front signals have three wires. The rear ones only have two. How do you mount up the small ones on the front w/the extra wire? Like I said, I am not very mechanically knowledgable.
The third wire is so they are on as running lights all the time too, then when you turn the signal on, the running light will turn off and it will flash like a normal signal. If you want to 2 wire light up there, just connect it to the ground and the signal + then it just won't be on as a running light anymore.

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
The 3rd wire is probably for the running light of the blinker assembly. I used them for power to a fog light on my CB360. ;)

Looks good, can't wait to see it with new blinkers and tail light. :rock:

·
student
1,347 Posts
only other thing i noticed is that the gauges make the front end look bulyk as well, maybe a smaller guage cluster, or a single speedo would really pull it togethor

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
I would be interested in that tailpiece if your not going to use it. Cool ride.

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That tail peice is in the cellar. Post a private message and I will work out shipping it to you if you want it.

·
student
1,347 Posts
That tail peice is in the cellar. Post a private message and I will work out shipping it to you if you want it.
thats what this place is all about, you'll deff. fit in

+rep

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The punisher continues to evolve.

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
:rock:

Really starting to take shape! Really like the flow of the shorter tail with the side covers intact. Going to be a hell of a head turner when it's done. ;)

-Rat

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanx for all the compliments. I have to admitt that the punisher was a little rough in the first couple of incarnations. I slowly added / changed componants and it started to shape up. The biggest thing was getting that huge stock taillight out of there. After I mounted the small cat eye taillight all of a sudden there was a lot of room back there. I just started messin with the stock tail peice on a whim and all of sudden I came up with this solo seat design by accident. It came out so good (IMHO) that I decided to keep it.

Will post some more pics next week when everything is finished up. "Finished up" is a relative term. Probably about an hour after it is "done" I will come up with five or six new ideas to "finish" it. :shocker:

Reactions: RatFighter
1 - 20 of 415 Posts