Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just opening a thread to post the mods on my new cb1000r as I do them.

Pic of the stock bike:

Proposed changes:

Front projector (led or hid) w/ halos
rear integrated sequential LED tail/turn lights
rear seat cowl
Two tone seat
front flush mount turn signals
led lower head lamp
2 inch bar riser
two tone wheel paint and/or polish job
remove rear passenger peg set
machined reservoirs (clutch, brakes)
scheme machine levers and control sets
Braided lines front / rear brake and clutch
bar end mirrors
scheme matching grips
scheme matching anodized bolts
wavey rotors
matching powder coated calipers ( match wheel scheme)
yoshimura r77 3/4 exhaust
scheme matching chain and sprockets

possibly more, i come across great inspiration everyday and I want to cherry out this ride as best as I can for it being a factory nekid fighter.

Color scheme will be a build of what it is now. Now it is White/Black with hints of gold and matte silver. I want to build more of the gold accents into it with some of the anodized and machined parts. try to maybe push out some of the matte silver and focus on the white/gold and black/ we'll see I guess.

My hopes are that when it is done it will be a sweet one-off custom of the original. Please feel free to criticize and advise.

this weekend I will be adding first few mods as they arrive in the mail. I will photo document and post here for your enjoyment or critique.

thanks for taking a look

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it does look funky, im not sure what is under there to be honest, thats may be how they keep the mugwai from getting wet and eating after midnight LOL - but even the radiator guards are kind of funky to me. my old 919 look so sweet with the motor just dangling out front.

as for the chain guard, you are right on there too, specially if i go with colored components back there.

thanks for the input mike.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
- but even the radiator guards are kind of funky to me.
Wow, you are so right on those guards. You should totally take them off and sell them to me for $50 shipped to 06026... :D

PS-- LOL "mugwai"

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
first parts started coming in hoping to get some stuff this sunday.

will be a couple weeks on the braided lines - went black lines with gold banjo's. have to make a custom set up for the front - the over the fender shit is very ugly - could use some tips on a good front fender - after i re route the lines into two independent ones the old fender will have these recessed spots, i could glass and paint it if needed.

front fender stock lines:

I picked up R77 3/4 exhaust - pics below, check out the packing. I have seen and used spray foam before, but Yosh takes the cake when it comes to WTF packing jobs.

Also wife not so happy with all the pieces floating around the apartment now.

they just sprayed that shit right into the box and said quick close the lid and get some staples and tape LOL

Oh yeah there is a pipe and can in there :party-smiley:

and here is the genuine gold/ black pazzo levers - real pazzo

and the integrated, sequential LED tailight

more stuff arriving tonight -
--rizoma fluid tanks , clutch, brake and rear brake , i am going to wait until I get the new lines to put all that stuff together.

next week -
rizoma grips
rizoma bar ends
d-axis bar end mirrors (gold and black)
extra headlight assembly - for projector or LED mod

thanks for havin a look

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
you be spendy Sarge;) nice stuf fer sure mate !

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you be spendy Sarge nice stuf fer sure mate !
what better way to say thank you for not being an uninsured motorist, to the lady who parked her suburban sideways in front of me.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel like there is some awesome to be had if you remove that black thing around the tank the appears to mold into the seat. It looks funky.
good call MikeGyver

there was no Mugwai under there, but i did rub my thumb raw removing the adhesive tape lol

new pipe - take it down Wednesday for tune and map

new sequential led tail light and turn signals

new levers are on too, mirrors and grips here this week, but be a couple weeks before i get the SS lines, I have to have a custom front set made to change up that crappy over the fender setup. then ill do the brake lines and fluid tanks.

if anyone needs a bazooka, i removed this, the old exhaust, weighs a ton and size of a missile launcher

·
Capt. Slow
267 Posts
Wow, i can't believe they packed the whole thing like that. I recently got a Yoshi pipe and they only put the foam a few inches deep on one end of the box, the end I decided to open it from. I'm excited to see these brake lines though.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Braided lines will be here next week. front, rear and clutch. Took it over to the dyno after pipe and power commander install for tune. Added a few more parts. I am with you, I cant wait to see the lines and the reservoirs in place.

removed the rear pegs and added some grips, bar ends and front flush signals

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
here is the new headlight i modded into a projector - installing this weekend hopefully - will post pics on bike.

headlight mod process

the brake lines and clutch line arrived but three banjo bolts were missing on the custom front line - waiting for them to arrive

oh bar end mirrors have been mounted but this story is bullshit without pictures - so you'll have to wait

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Need a little advice on mounting the light - posted to the headlight project in the lights forum, check it out and let me know.

headlight post - click here

i had to move the new style projector back into the can so much that the ignitor rubs on the frame at the head tube, anyways check out this post linked above and let me know if you all have any ideas, im looking into ignitors and other stuff as well but shaving that tube would be the easiest and cheapest if plausible

thanks

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks cookie and F'dup for taking a look and offering advice - removing that un milled bracket on the front of the head tube is going to work out great- appreciate both of yas taking the time to look and offer advice and research.

next pics will be of the new can on the front end, hopefully

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
it does look funky, im not sure what is under there to be honest, thats may be how they keep the mugwai from getting wet and eating after midnight LOL - but even the radiator guards are kind of funky to me. my old 919 look so sweet with the motor just dangling out front.

as for the chain guard, you are right on there too, specially if i go with colored components back there.

thanks for the input mike.

very true!Thats a big + on me CBX fer sure~ clever blokes at Honda design ;)

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mmmmm CBX - thats my favortie bike of yours robbo, buddy of mine in the army had one, would just roast tires like smores LOL

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got the projector light all mounted up today and put together.

Still need to pull the tank and run the wiring harness, mount ballast etc.

Brake line clamps came in for the new front brake lines too, kind of waiting for heat to settle down here for that project, however I will most likely do the clutch line when i have the tank off for the lights

pics of assembled can

led test with 9v

mounted to bike - yet to be wired

tested the projector previously, it and the high beam blade function properly - will take pics of it lighted after all wired in

1 - 20 of 83 Posts