Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my brother been working on this for a couple of months. Been super busy and haven't really had a chance to do the write up. Anyways, it started out as a 1980 Honda CB750 dohc. Pretty ugly I gotta say.

Build Plans:

-823cc kit with CB900 cams, port and polish, jets and exhaust
-CBR1000RR front end with all the bells and whistles
-CBR1000RR rear mono shock
-CBR600F2 rear wheel with hydraulic disk brake
-Dime City rear sets
-Carbon Fiber tank and tail
-Pearl Blue Frame with Metallic Silver Tank and Tail
-Black Motor with Polished Covers and Fins

...And here we go

Started off with this hideous mess.

Looking better already.

And here it is at the end of day one.

Next I removed all the engine covers and stripped off all the oxidization and filth then sent them to my bro's to be polished

He's got one down.

I had the rear sets all mocked up...

...but my bro, who is the lead on this build, didn't really like the look of using the stock rear peg brackets to mount the rear sets so they gotta go and make way for some redesigned shorter ones.

On to the front end for now.

It took some work but the CBR1000RR front end is on there and ready for action.

Looks so much better with some nice meaty inverted forks rather than the ancient tooth picks that were on there.:rock:

Moving on to the rearend.

Tail chopped in favor of a Dime City hoop. Threw in a CBR600 shock I had laying around to give an idea of how it'll all fit together and roughly mocked up the F2 rear wheel.

The new Dime City hoop all welded and ground smooth.

Next we yanked the 200 pound lump to be worked over by my brother while I work on cleaning off all the useless tabs on the frame.

More to come...

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Looking great I'm picking up a 78 cb400 today with a big surprise going into it. I'll be watching this.

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fully agree. Even more so I think restomod is really becoming popular. The old look of an air cooled motor in a basket frame but with modern performance. I love it.

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cleaned all the useless tabs off the frame. Still need to do some finish sanding on all the rough grinds and do some more welding but it's getting there.

And some before and afters

·
1,152 Posts
Cool bike!!

I see u are using 1000RR parts.

I dont know if you can use it, but I have a 1000RR swingarm, shock and wheel I would let go pretty cheap. Let me know.

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool bike!!

I see u are using 1000RR parts.

I dont know if you can use it, but I have a 1000RR swingarm, shock and wheel I would let go pretty cheap. Let me know.
Thanks, ctluba. I think my brother already has everything ordered but I'll hit you up for sure if we need anything. I really dig your build by the way. It was one that my brother and I were looking over before we started this one.

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet build man! cant wait to see this rollin on a modern rear suspension

off topic but hey man were you in Austin for the F1 race last year? I was workin there and I could swear i recognize your subframe lol
I didn't make it out to F1 last year. Which bike was it? the blue one?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
A bike with a pointy subframe from steel lol

And not necessarily the f1 event but just around.
I was around the town of Austin working for fiat street teaming and I think I saw you ride over this bridge with a great view of the river ( don't know the area well) into a street with tons of resturants

I remember cause i pretty much dropped a conversation mid sentence and said "hey a fighter"

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A bike with a pointy subframe from steel lol

And not necessarily the f1 event but just around.
I was around the town of Austin working for fiat street teaming and I think I saw you ride over this bridge with a great view of the river ( don't know the area well) into a street with tons of resturants

I remember cause i pretty much dropped a conversation mid sentence and said "hey a fighter"
Right on. My family is from austin so I'm all over there. Very likely it was me.
Didn't really see another one like it around.

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finished up the rear suspension today. Still need to grind the corners off the tabs but it's welded up and ready to go. This bike is now fully suspended.

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Started shaping up the buck for the tank. Still needs more sculpting and rounding of the edges but the rough shape is there.

Was also able to get the rear master cylinder and linkage mounted up and did a bit more tab removal on the forks.

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alrighty, I've been super busy lately and haven't been able to post pics but here is what I've been working on. Finished all the welding on the rear set mounts and rear caliper carrier bracket and just about finished the bucks for the tank and tail. We are almost ready to start laying carbon fiber.

Rear Sets

Caliper carrier
I still need to weld in some slugs for the half circle chucks I cut out on the swing arm where the old shocks mounted but it's pretty much done and solid as a rock.

Bucks for the tank and tail

1 - 20 of 38 Posts