Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it the same size? For exampel if i buy front forks from a 600rr but find calipers from a 1000rr will they fit?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Pretty much all radial calipers of all the Japanese bikes are interchangeable. Meaning the bolt holes on the calipers are all the same distance apart. It's just that with some swaps you may need spacers to account for rotor diameter.

As for your specific question, yes, they will fit. I'm running 09 CBR600RR calipers on my 07/08 ZX6R forks. I had to use 5 mm spacers, but they bolt right up. I chose these due to the monoblock construction and good reviews by others on the forums.

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
yes. i have 07 cbr600rr calipers on my 04 GSXR front end. only difference may be offset and need for spacers, but they will bolt on.

·
Wannabe
1,502 Posts
I have 08+ CBR1000RR calipers on my 07 zx6r. I needed 5mm aluminum spacers, but I bodged it while I waited with 3X steel trailer washers per bolt. Made about the right height to clear the rotors.

Compared to the 07 Nissins they are MUCH lighter... but don't have the same feel at the lever OR the same initial grab as you're getting on the brakes.

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys found a complete set of front calipers and back caliper from a 1000rr for 75 usd:) cheap i think.. Now i just have to find a good deal on front forks and front wheel to.. Thats not so easy doh.

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
Thanks guys found a complete set of front calipers and back caliper from a 1000rr for 75 usd:) cheap i think.. Now i just have to find a good deal on front forks and front wheel to.. Thats not so easy doh.
just keep looking. piecing a front end together isnt hard. but prepare to be nickle and dime'd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts