Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have been working on converting my '97 F3 into an F4i (fairings, instruments, lights, the whole hog..), with a full 954 front end, Brembo MC, CF front fender..the build is on the other forum..don't know if it would be appropriate to link though.

My question is, has anyone converted a sportbike like the F3 into a "stock" factory look streetbike, like a CB1300 or CB400, instead of a street fighter?

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
Hi all,
I have been working on converting my '97 F3 into an F4i (fairings, instruments, lights, the whole hog..), with a full 954 front end, Brembo MC, CF front fender..the build is on the other forum..don't know if it would be appropriate to link though.

My question is, has anyone converted a sportbike like the F3 into a "stock" factory look streetbike, like a CB1300 or CB400, instead of a street fighter?
you going to have to custom fab a upper fairing stay and also the side fairing mounts. the tail is usually the easiest part to swap over.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Anything can be done with enough time and money but we can't help you without any PICS!!!!

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
that doesnt change the fact that you are goinh to have to fab a upper stay, upper stay mount since there is none. also fab some side fairing mounts too. at that rate you can sell the cb and get a f4i for about 2500 and the cb is carbed isnt it? the f4i is fuel injected

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
now im all confused. i quit disregard what i piosted

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
Hi all,
LOL..I want to convert the F3 into a CB..I don't have a CB
then why even include the first line... im a lil slow sometimes and you gotta keep it simple so i can follow

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
you mean keep the gay banana seat and put a round 4-7 inch headlight on it..

Yea its been done. usually years ago people were using acerbies cyclops.

it would be just a naked bike. only 2 types of bikes are streetfighters, oil cooled gsxr and cbr 900s. the rest are just masturbation. ahhaha I kid... Or do i?

:shocker:

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
I Started out with the intention of making a "Naked" CBR years ago.

Fitted a CBR 600 F4 "Carbed" tail with the intention of going for a factory kind of look in the end.

But it didnt last long before i ripped it apart and aimed more for the streetfighter look

Which i just didn't like and ended up going back to fairings for using on the strip as i bought a F2 to run naked.

Which i started to "Streetfighter"

But ended up selling to get a FZR 1000

Man, ive not seen these photos in about 2 or 3 years, had to dig into my old Photobucket account to get them :thumbsup:

·
1,533 Posts
yes, I bought and sold an f3 with f4i fairings, looked great

ALSO, not exactly what you are asking, but, there is an old pic, about 8 years old or so, floating around the internet, of a 929 with mint yellow oem 03 600rr full body kit, and it looks fucking badass. you dont notice unless you look closely.

the newer bodywork on the f1/f2/f3 is a really common thing if you know where to look. I just saw a hurricane on craigslist with full f4i bodywork. do it up, it looks decent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi All,
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I am having extreme difficulty getting the F4i front on the F3..I have spent literally 3 months on it and have just given up.
That's why i thought I would go for a CB1300 naked bike look.
Wanted suggestions for headlamps and also how does one mount a handlebar on a CBR954 triple tree..?

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
it would be just a naked bike. only 2 types of bikes are streetfighters, oil cooled gsxr and cbr 900s. the rest are just masturbation. ahhaha I kid... Or do i?

:shocker:
hows that virago treating you?

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
hows that virago treating you?
i did 600 miles on it Wednesday alone. I just wish it had an extra gear, revving the snot out of it at highway speeds in the right lane lol.

i have to say, i reach destination alot slower on a cruiser. I need a hypermotard lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts