Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 98-02 Hornet top yoke will fit , 41mm fork tubes the same but not sure on the centre distances tube to tube and tube to stem nut ?
Cheers...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Does anyone know if the 98-02 Hornet top yoke will fit , 41mm fork tubes the same but not sure on the centre distances tube to tube and tube to stem nut ?
Cheers...
Fit what?

I'm pretty sure CB600F front ends are all the same 98-04, except for switching from a 16-inch front to a 17 in 2000. '05 they went to USDs and obvs the crowns changed big-time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, reason i ask it that when i drilled the top yoke for the flat bars i was slightly off by about 4mm and the bars now look off centre , doesnt affect the ride but when you look down i can see it and so want to rectify with a proper yoke & risers.....
Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Getting hold of a 98 Hornet top yoke for the cbr, hopefully this will solve the scuwiff bars !
The motad nexus is now gone, got a venom can minus db killer.
Sourcing a decent R6 rear end next job and re routing wiring behind frame from front end as looks a pillock on top of rad hose :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Hornet yoke wasnt a direct fit as the tubes are further apart, so chopped out the centre section and used both ends separately on top of the existing yoke where the clips ons used to be, both fork tubes being 41mm, worked a treat and saved buying expensive cnc items that do exactly the same job.
Bars now straight and at same height as before !
Rear end butchering now begins......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts