Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
...from hell
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been creeping around long enough and it's time to finally make an appearance. I pick up this 92 cbr 600 from local guy back in May after my trusty moped was stolen. Id been meaning to make the jump to big boy bikes for a while but could never afford it. This one fell in my lap, I had the $900 he wanted for it, so I put her on the back of a friends truck and took her home. I thought it would be a quick deal of just putting tags on it and going but man was I wrong. After about 5 minutes on the road the bike died and I pushed it back home and there it's sat since. But since I've finally got a little free time I'm getting to work on it.

Since I wanted a fighter to start with it was an easy choice that this would be the bike to do it with. PO tipped it over so the fairings looked like hell. Solution-Fighter. Today I removed the front and side fairings along with the headlight and dash. Mother Nature decided that's all I would get done today as she dumped rain on me. But hey at least now it looks a lil better.

I've got my concept together already so all I need now is time and money. Moving it to a friends shop soon to tear it down and get things sorted out. Everything coming off that won't be used is up for sale if anybody's interested.

Attachments

·
...from hell
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A lil update action.

I still havent moved the bike to the shop yet but thats not stoppin me. Got a awesome kick of motivation and decided to dive in and start tearing her down (with a little help from my neice). This bike was definatly somebodys fuck around. PO put some money into things but didnt really try to do it right, but i can deal with it and i love finding little easter egg surprises. makes me feel better about what i shelled out to buy it. CCT has been swapped out to a manual one and i found a K&N air cleaner.

Got the tank, seat, tail light, air box, and exhaust off today. I wish i had gotten more done but not bad for just hand tools and baby sitting at the same time.

Also got some great news. i was just going to go rattle can since im ballin on a budget, but a buddy saved me from myself by offering to powder coat the whole beast for me. Frame, motor, swing arm, wheels, the whole deal. WINNING:party-smiley:. And I also have access to a paint booth, so things are looking up. Going for flat black on the frame and swing arm, satin black for the motor, tank, tail, and wheels. a few copper accents on the covers and rear sets, and black n copper forks.

Got my mod list all planned out:
7/8" dirty bars and risers
shorty gp exhaust
7" round integrated headlight
cuttin up the stock front fender
trail tech vapor guage
and a "as yet undecided" tail swap at the very end. if anybody has a tail theyre trying to sell let me know.

Now I just gotta get this baby torn down all the way and sell some more of my shit to fund it. BTW that yoshi exhaust if for sale if anybodys interested

Till next time.......

Attachments

·
...from hell
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Part 2 of the removal process happened today.

Got the wiring harness out, without marking anything, facepalm. coils, plug wires, rearsets, front and rear brakes, levers, battery tray, then on to the carbs.

gonna give em a good cleaning tomorrow. top on the motor looks a mess but i dont care. itll get a good cleaning and sandblast when i get it out for powdercoat.

So after all that I ran out of things i could do today. so i cleaned up the wiring on the R/R

Anybody know what bike that could have came off of? or if its just a aftermarket F2 replacement?

on to my sllightly organized parts stack

Any advice on what i can do to get this fill back in shape so the cap will fit?

The bend i can deal with, but i dont want to have to buy a new radiator. this one is in otherwise great shape.

Scored this sexy lil bitch from DrJellyFingers yesterday for $300

Cant wait to cut the old subbie off and start getting this one mocked up. The undertail exhaust is dope. Thanks for the hook up dude!

So this is how its sittin right now

Thanks for lookin

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Can wait to see how you get that sub frame mounted should be fun!
do you have any idea how you will run the link pipe from the headers to the under tail I dont think you have much room through the swinger.
I had to go round it to get a high mount can on mine but the link pipe is right behind the foot peg so I will need some sort of heat shield.

Fair play for jumping right into it!

·
...from hell
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can wait to see how you get that sub frame mounted should be fun!
do you have any idea how you will run the link pipe from the headers to the under tail I dont think you have much room through the swinger.
I had to go round it to get a high mount can on mine but the link pipe is right behind the foot peg so I will need some sort of heat shield.

Fair play for jumping right into it!
I honestly have put much thought into the exhaust yet. youre right tho there is minimal room through the swinger. the idea of going around it has crossed my mind, and you made it look good on your build. once i get the subframe mocked up ill have a better idea of where i can route the exhaust. in a perfect world id be able to afford to make the SSSA swap. btw how close is your link pipe sitting to the swinger?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
There is enough room between the link pipe and swinger its the room between my foot and the link pipe I see a problem with thats the need for a good heat shield!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
That would be a nice little addition and make room for linky pipe!

·
...from hell
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Save up some more and come back to get my sssa :D
how much is this sssa is?

quick lil true story - im looking thru hampton roads craigslist, just to see whats out there, and i find this guy with 600rr shit just piled up. so i go to hit him up about it......hmmmm......his numbers already in my phone. man you got parts for dayyyysssss.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
how much is this sssa is?

quick lil true story - im looking thru hampton roads craigslist, just to see whats out there, and i find this guy with 600rr shit just piled up. so i go to hit him up about it......hmmmm......his numbers already in my phone. man you got parts for dayyyysssss.
I was gonna ask 600 when I take it off the bike, but for you, we can talk, u already spent some money to me so I'll cut u a deal.

Yea I'm tryina sell everything right now. I'm moving in December and really don't want to take anything with me other than the drz...... R6, 636, 900rr, 600rr, yzf600, and their parts, all need to go.

·
...from hell
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was gonna ask 600 when I take it off the bike, but for you, we can talk, u already spent some money to me so I'll cut u a deal.

Yea I'm tryina sell everything right now. I'm moving in December and really don't want to take anything with me other than the drz...... R6, 636, 900rr, 600rr, yzf600, and their parts, all need to go.
ill def be hitting you up when i have money to spend. pm me a list of the 600rr stuff when ya get a chance. tax times not too far away :D

·
...from hell
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Havent gotten anything done in a week or so. So today I gave the carbs a good cleaning.

Whoever cleaned them last should be put down, eliminated from the gene pool. the screwheads were stripped in both direction on more than half of them and all of them were tightend down by the mighty hand of thor.

So after getting the stripped ones out by using pliers I got them sumbitches apart.

Nice and ugly, but ill be honest, i expected worse. Filled the bowls with carb cleaner to soak and pulled the jets so they could soak too. Found a second reason to exterminate whoever took these apart last, one of the pilots was broken on one side so i couldnt get it out. doesnt look like it affects the jet itself, but i wasnt about to fuck it up worse trying to get it out.

No after shots but they cleaned up pretty nice. going to the local fastener shop to get replacements for all 24 screws tomorrow. those things were haggard.

planned to take apart and clean up the brakes but didnt get around to it. Ill try to get into those tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I brought a set of stainless steel allen head bolt for my carbs from ebay it came as a kit with all the carb bolts!

·
...from hell
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Been working both jobs so I havent had much time to spend on the bike. However I did get those screws replaced with some allen heads. $2.50 for all 24 and washers, not too shabby. Other than that I've done jack shit. Lining up a ride to norfolk to pick up the 600rr rear from Jellyfingers has been a real pain in the ass. Got the cash in hand but cant get a ride to pick it up. The lack of progress has come with a few good points. I ordered a few parts yesterday (Renthal 7/8" dirtys, risers, iintegrated headlight, headlight brackets, bar end mirrors, and grips) which should all be here randomly between thursday and next friday. I also finally made a half assed plan on paper for what i wanna do with this. I know I made a list before but this ones for real

The TO DO list as follows:

Cut and fit 600rr Swinger
Fab up a way to mount my 600rr subframe and tail
Chop up my stock seat and fit it to the new tail
Custom overflow can (probably vertical/right side)
Attempt to make a custom belly pan
Cut and reshape front fender
Drill top yoke for risers ad remove ignition loop
Relocate ignition (dont know where yet)
Relocate the horn
Wrap Header
Feather the ugly frame welds and detab the frame
Relocate R/R and as much electronics as possible to under the rear seat with Im gonna replace with a cowl
Drill holes in the rear sets to break up the dull look
Get everything cleaned up and ready for powder coat, Satin Black (frame, subframe, wheels, motor, singer, and front end)
Paint tank, tail, belly pan, and fender (flat or satin black)
Paint stator cover, clutch cover, rearsets, calipers (likely gold, but I might change my mind by the time I get that far)
Chop up and redo the wiring harness
Oh yeah, and slap all the new goodies on there

Still need to decide on a tail light. Not sure if I wanna go above or below the exhaust. I think i can get away with rerouting the clutch and throttle cables to work with the new bars. Dont really wanna deal with buying new ones. Besides the taillight and swinger I think all I have left to buy is a speedo, signals, and maybe some sliders.

My new place has a spot I can put the bike to work on it. I'll still be stuck outside but at least I'll be able to work on it whenever the mood hits me instead of having to wait for a day off and go to my brothers house. I figure once I have everything I need for the build and it's finally home, I can really do work.

And one last idea I came up with- legit Friday the 13th hockey mask for a windscreen. Oh yes :rock:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts