Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Vapor Stealth speedo to fit to my fireblade, and have a couple of issues, i could do with some help on.......

1. Do i run a positive and negative lead to the battery to power the vapor speedo?

2. Where exactly to fit the speed sensor magnet on the disk and where exactly to fit the speed sensor? (any pics would help)

Thanks.

·
11,131 Posts
electrics are not my forte , but I'm sure you can run it straight from the battery, if I remember correctly it goes into a hibernation mode after not receiving a signal from the magnet, putting the back light out , easiest way to fit is to araldite the magnet to a disc and mount the pick up on a simple bent piece of steel / aluminium, held by the spindle clamp bolts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies

Think I am going to dig out my wiring diagram and connect to the wiring harnesses standard speedo power supply.

As for the speedo magnet, was going to drill a 6mm hole in the disc and fit the magnet, anyone have a view on this idea?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
electrics are not my forte , but I'm sure you can run it straight from the battery, if I remember correctly it goes into a hibernation mode after not receiving a signal from the magnet, putting the back light out , easiest way to fit is to araldite the magnet to a disc and mount the pick up on a simple bent piece of steel / aluminium, held by the spindle clamp bolts

godamit I mis all that stuff;) over here tis 'JB-weld'

·
breaking stuff since 1978
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
there is already a power wire for the gauge cluster from factory so there is no need to run another one fused. Tell me what wires you are planning to run. I know orange and light blue are the turn signals, pink is factory speedometer. Its pretty simple to wire up a gauge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts