Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks
Somebody from the CBR forum send me over here.
I'm in the process of buying a CBR 900 and my plan is to built a kick ass Streetfighter.
Single sided swingarm, digital gauges, short tail .....
I was trying to find cool fiberglass pieces and the only company I could find was StreetFighters Inc.
Has anybody here dealt with them before? Any experiance with these guys?
Thanks
WC

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
first of ,welcom in mate . Got any pics of yer ongoin work? and I aint got any feed back for that company but theres many out there fer sure .Motomadness may be tha bloke ta talk to here .

·
Registered
152 Posts
Think most ppl here would tell u to consider fabricating the pieces urself. Fiberglass is relatively inexpensive and even starting with minimal knowledge and experience, u can learn thru videos and trial and error cheaper than u can buy prefabbed pieces. Will take longer to do of course but u'll be much more satisfied with ur bike when u finally get it done.

Unless ur like me that is, finding the smallest imperfections and throwing the whole piece out because of it. If that's the case then ull still be here six years from now wondering what the hell u need to be doing different. But even so everyone else will still stop and admire ur bike because it's unique and different, completely oblivious to the idea that u think it looks like a piece of shit.

Check out the paint and body section for starter, figure out how to shape and seal foam (I use sheets of housing insulation to keep down cost) and practice laying the glass on hard surfaces, then when u think u've got it down combine the two and presto ur own custom piece that no one else has. U can also hop on youtube for some instructional videos as well. One in particular that I like is hackaweeks cafe sabre build. He completely strips the bike down and glass's everything from the bodywork to the gas tank and seat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will get a CBR to the end of this season, it will be a winter project. I found a picture a while ago and that is what I have in mind, not exactly but close. I check MotoMadness, nothing even close what I'm looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip about the Fiberglass. I can do almost everything, welding steel and billet, I can fabricate stuff if I have to. But, I HATE fiberglass work. I HATE it. I tried it before and it looked terrible. I do small modifications to Fiberglass parts, no problem but to built a belly pan for example, No, I have no patience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the Sharkskinz and Air-Tech tip. Nothing what I'm looking for. If you look at the picture, you know what I'm looking for

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nobody here has any experience with Streetfighters Inc and the quality of the parts they offer?

·
FNG
68 Posts
looks like some of the stuff that was coming out of Europe about 15 years ago. may very well still be available, but it was pricey back then, so I'm sure it's stupid by now. the tail on that one looks like it could be modified ducati. acerbis makes some little light pods like that, maybe some other dual-sport company.
bb7

1 - 9 of 9 Posts