Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

I have been building my CBR 900rr streetfighter for over two years. I am almost complete but can't get the damn thing to run right. I have wasted over 1200 dollars taking it to shops here in NC with absolutely no help other than a lot of wasted money.

Is there anyone out there who knows of a competent shop that can work on a carbureted inline 4, near Southern Pines NC?

Thanks, any suggestions will work.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
These usually don't run right because we take out the air dam (little plastic bit between the radiator and air intake) or remove the snorkels, or even fit cone filters, or stuff wiring where the snorkels are trying to breathe from.

You might want to put the intake back to stock, or you might want to get involved in jetting the carbs properly. Putting intake to stock is easier. Tuck the wiring somewhere else or shorten it properly or look into stick coils to find some space for your wiring.

Reactions: othoap

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Just for fun could you use a few more words and describe to us what it's doing wrong?
He wanted a guy to fix a carb il4 that's not running right so I shot in the dark. I'd guess I'm not far wrong though. You can spend a very long time getting one of these to run nearly right on pod filters, or just start again in 'safe mode'. Or there's the Viking mod.

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,269 Posts
So,

I have been building my CBR 900rr streetfighter for over two years. I am almost complete but can't get the damn thing to run right. I have wasted over 1200 dollars taking it to shops here in NC with absolutely no help other than a lot of wasted money.

Is there anyone out there who knows of a competent shop that can work on a carbureted inline 4, near Southern Pines NC?

Thanks, any suggestions will work.
If you're willing to drive to Charlotte, i would recommend TH3 Racing. Thomas is a fucking wizard with everything on two wheels. He's a road racer that specializes in Ducati performance, but does everything

TH3 Racing
Thomas Hall
725 Valleydale Rd,
Charlotte, NC 28214

Phone: (704) 728-7854

http://th3racing.com/Home_Page.php

1 - 9 of 9 Posts