Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Swede ride!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fighters!

Ive been hanging around this forum for quite a while and are really impressed with the amount of awesome builds going on here! Today i finally registered and thought i'd share my build!

Its a -00 CBR 929 that i bought about a year ago and is about half way finished (I think, hehe)

this is also my first build so this thread will be filled with trial and errors, frustration, stupid questions and, since im a swede, alot of shitty english :)

·
Swede ride!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found one! (thanks for the tip anyway, Sideshow bob)

Okay, so the progress so far! (first pictures are terrible quality, i know, but it gets better)

This is the only picture ive got on the original bike:

Stripped down:

New stearing head:

Mounted steeringhead and ignition_

So.. i went first went with dominators, and also made a cover for them

Then i decided that i didn't like it, and changed them for a yamaha mt03 headlight

Fitted a new gauge, it was a total bitch to wire! (if you look carefully at the tank, you can also see hints of the amazing paintjob that the previous owner did)

This is how the bike looked this summer.

·
Swede ride!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then i started working on the booty!

Bought a Buell lightning seat:

.. and subframe:

Lets just say the subframe was pretty easy to mock up! the upper mounts at least! all i have to do is reinforce it a little bit.

lower mount mockup

reshaped the mounts from the original subframe to cover up the new ones, also this allows me to use the original rear tank mount and rear brake reservoir

currently in the process of reshaping the lower mounts. This is what it looks like right now:

iv'e also trimmed the tail light

fitted new indicators

took the bolt from the original subframe and fitted in the new one. so that i can use the same key to open the seat. since the subframe didn't come with a mecanism i had to make my own (vip pic people! it will look better than this ;) )

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Nice progress so far!

I'm definitely interested in seeing the buell seat come together. I've always thought it was a good looking seat but the way it comes into the tank seems like the hard part.

Lower subframe rail is looking like it's shaping up nice too!

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Keep the hard work and pictures coming my friend!

Reactions: Dannesomfan

·
Swede ride!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice progress so far!

I'm definitely interested in seeing the buell seat come together. I've always thought it was a good looking seat but the way it comes into the tank seems like the hard part.

Lower subframe rail is looking like it's shaping up nice too!
yeah, i havent really made up my mind shapewise about the seat. I guess ill end up doing what i always do when i have a hard time deciding.. Just start cutting and see what works as i go. Haha!

I'll try to finish up the subframe this weekend and take as many pictures as i can. I tend to forget taking pictures.

·
Swede ride!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been working on the subframe today. It will take some time to get it right, but at least it feels like im moving forward!

picspicspics:

I've only welded aluminum once before, so i was a little bit worried. but it came out ok. Not pretty but the penetration is good (hehe)

And the grinding begins!

Hopefully get some more done tomorrow!

·
Swede ride!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since im away from home for the holidays i havent been able to do any work but the subframe is all welded up and i've found some putty that'll do the job! So as soon as i get back home i will grind that booty until she's perfect!

i have however been playing around in photoshop trying to see how everything will look..i've added a hugger, underbelly exhaust, moded the tank and seat.

colorwise im leaning towards black with some sort of accent color
original:

Black and red. i just added the "motives" to get some idea of how it would look.

Black and orange.

Black and green. Added a bellypan and a cooler-fairing on this one. Not shure how i feel about them

also did a red one

decisions decisions decisions....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looking good man. My vote is with the last PShop. But I would do a more muted color than red. That seems to have been done and begs for unwanted attention. But I'm no expert. I'm certain it will look clean regardless.

KEEP IT UP!

·
Swede ride!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking good man. My vote is with the last PShop. But I would do a more muted color than red. That seems to have been done and begs for unwanted attention. But I'm no expert. I'm certain it will look clean regardless.

KEEP IT UP!
Not really shure what you mean by unwanted attetion but i get the muted color bit. I have kind of an idea about painting it a really really dark red, green blue ir whatever so that it looks kinda blackish but its still more "Lively" than just black.

Even if its lots of work left before paint.. I feel like i got to make up my mind soon. Because everytime i think about it, i go online for inspiration.. Then end up on ebay and ordering stuff.

This is becoming a lil bit expensive!

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Smoked black clearcoat over base paint is an option. But i also lile the.last PS

1 - 20 of 40 Posts