Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have started my buildoff long before I found this forum so I won't qualify to any of buildoff contests. That's why I decided to put my thread here.

Let's start from the begining...
That's my bike about 2 years ago... nothing special but I liked it that way. Besides I got no money to make it 100% orginal CBR954 or fighter CBR954...

By pigmool, shot with NIKON D70s at 2009-12-13

As I Told you guys in the noobs area, on octobre last year I had this little crash:

Oh, and that's my rear wheel :)

By pigmool, shot with FinePix J50 at 2009-12-13

And then the party started:)

By pigmool at 2009-12-13

For a long time I had this dillema - repair it/ fighter-it/ sell it... but I chose the best answer I could - fighter-it :rock:

Beggining was not so easy because it was my first bildoff and I had no idea how my future CBR-fighter was supposed to look like.
First I wanted to use a tail like this:

By pigmool at 2009-12-13

I bought it and started to weld a subframe with my friend. It took about 6-7 hours alu welding and it looked like shit. Unfotunately I didn't take any detailed photos... however, there was nothing to admire :doh:

The only foto of my subframe I have is this. It looks good here but trust me - it wasn't:

By pigmool, shot with 6300 at 2009-06-02

Then I thought "Hmmm it looks much better without a tail than with it, it only needs to be... weld again":oops:

That's it for now, I'll write something more as soon as I find some more spare time.

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
how the fuck do you do that to your wheel?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,557 Posts

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for no updates for almost a week bud writing in english takes some more time as if it would in my language so I need more spare time to write something. Besides I'm trying to do work every evening.

That hole is a car repair pit, I use it sometimes however I've never used it to change oil:) It looks scary but don't worry, usually it's covered by a ... cover:LolLolLolLol:
The rear wheel broke when the bike was making somersaults about 3-4 meters it the air... front wheel isn't much better:doh: Hopefully the frame is straight... :thumbsup:

Sprocket is a 60 teeth (I'm not sure is it correct but I think you know what I mean) stunt sprocket. I'd like to use it couse it will give a great power in lower rpm range. But my rear, airbrush painted fender won't fit it... but I'll write about it later...

ARNO dzięki, miło widzieć ojczysty język - po polsku duzo lepiej:) POZDRO:drinks:

Let's get back to the bike...

So I welded the subfraime again, this time by a proffesional welder. It's much better now and looks quite original.
I also decided to cut both original side fairings. I had to repair one of them by a fiberglass and round out both edges to make it look like original made.
Unfortunately I didn't do any detailed photos - that's all I got:

By pigmool, shot with CYBERSHOT at 2009-08-28

By pigmool, shot with CYBERSHOT at 2009-12-13

As you see on these pics, original front fender is much too big and looks heavy so I decided to cut it a bit and make more light look (unfortunately no photos :/). I also started to prepair a tank for painting...

... and ordered a tankpad with my crew logo.

One guy laser-cut this passenger seat fake for me (for about 5$ with shipping :D )

By pigmool, shot with CYBERSHOT at 2009-08-28

Then, on one of polish stunt forums I met one guy... I was thinking how to paint my bike, and he offered to airbrush paint my bike for about 250$ :D He's running an airbrush studio - one of the polish biggest ( check out his work - www.custompainting.pl ), it was summer so he had no work, that's why it's so cheap. Normally it's much more expensive.
That's what he designed for my bike:

By pigmool at 2009-12-18

To be continued...

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
Doin good Pigmool,Paint looks tits mate,bellypan is also grate ,,,,Get sum wheels lad .

·
Dr. Evil
369 Posts
dang, that paint is freeking amazing. I don't like a lot of air brushed bikes, but I would put that on my bike no problem. Great work so far. keep it up.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,557 Posts
if you cant do the english....just post pics! we'll get the idea. looks like its coming along!

I think you get the award for most fucked up rims ever!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts