Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is my unofficial fighter build.
My 1991 CBR 600 is undergoing a slow process with stuff done here and there but I know slowly it will come together and look pretty good!
Dont have alot of time on my hand and I only work on it about as much as 6 hours a week, but its my very first project so comments and criticism appreciated.

Before

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After

Sorry it dont look to good now but I will update as often as I can!

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
That front fender needs to go ASAP, what headlight are you planning on using?

Reactions: DecepticonDon

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
That light has very low light output and I wouldnt trust it for riding around in town much less any time on the highway. Check out the dominator 4" or 3" rounds that the site sponsers sell. They look better than the one you posted and you wont die becasue of them.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That light has very low light output and I wouldnt trust it for riding around in town much less any time on the highway. Check out the dominator 4" or 3" rounds that the site sponsers sell. They look better than the one you posted and you wont die becasue of them.
Any link on that Dominator and also do they come with fork mounting brackets because that would be just dandy?

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
You can get mounting brackets for them but you have to buy them seperatly.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
And the bike is looking good.

Reactions: Lt Numb Nuts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a small update
Got around to doing a little bit of my bike dont have alot of time but I do shit here and there!
First off sorry its been so long since I last posted on my build but had some issues.
Ill start off by showing the little shed this is all being done out of.

Mainly just a little storage shed but just enough room to get a little F2 in and work on :shocker:

A little Chicago Electric Flux welder. Ive been welding for 5 years and this thing only cost 107$ at Harbor Freight and it works great for the price!

Need to install a light fixture for night work. :D

The space I do have when workin is budgeted compared to others sheds but ok for me. Because I work in the shed on the bike minus the mower.

A better angle.

And here are a couple of the bike, its nice but needs a little work!

So I decided to at least DW on my tail section while im doing nothing.

First I made a temporary seat till I order something new mainly just trying to get a picture of whats to come.

Then I got to work on cutting and welding!

Gettin confused at this point!

Then I started seeing how it was gonna look and work.

And I kinda got what I was looking for still needs plenty of work but I called it quits due to the forecast, but im happy overall!

Thinking about putting either a fairing tail section off a 07 cbr 1000rr or an 06 r1 Tail
any suggestions?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Small update
Decided to do some minor work on the bike until some of my parts get here so I welded a little more and smoothed out the edges on things!

Gotta replace the O ring in this thing cause it leaks when I fill the radiator up hopefully the O ring is the problem! Anybody else know of any problems with these thermo's?

Just like anyone Else's quick fix on the radiator Reservoir :D

Started smoothing the welds out.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good afternoon Guys n Gals
Just another small update on things im doing while im wating for my New Seat and Tail Cowl to come in!
Decided to cut out some cardboard to see what I could do about the tank panels and this is what I come up with so far! The cardboard will be replace with Sheet Metal, with beveled edges and a bit more Square Measurements also!

Let me know what you think, really trying to give this bike a shot at Stardom. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts