Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
What??
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys iv had some problems with my bike, first there was probably water in the gas when i got the bike so it did stall two times when i was out riding, so i changed the fuel and the problem was gone.

Now i had the bike sitting in my garage for a week and when i took it out it keeps stalling after about 5 min, let it sit fot a while and it fires up again but then stalls.

Whats the problem? Could it be water in the gas again? (But after only one week when not riding???)

Maybe a bad ignition coil that fails when getting too hot?

·
GIVE THEM THE GOOD NEWS!
107 Posts
I had an f2 once upon a time and found it was nothing but a pain in the ass. Sounds silly but have you popped all the spark plugs out and done all the usual stuff? Cleaned out the air filter, made sure theres no liquid or water in the air box near the top of the carbs, sprayed a bit if carb cleaner down each carb etc? It could just need a good blast up some open road. Mine was very clunky once for about a week after i left it sitting for a bit and I couldn't figure out what it was at all, took it for a good blow out got back and it worked fine. Take her for a spin and get her screaming, plenty of revs, sometime I find old bikes like that just need to be treated like the naughty old bitches they are lol! Best of luck pal

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
DW is all that matters
119 Posts
"found it was nothing but a pain in the ass" & "need to be treated like the naughty old bitches" -Dain1

this,...
my f2 is a pita the same way. Right now it cruises around back roads great. Fantastic even. Take it out on the highway, come off an 80mph ride and it stalls. Starts right back up though. Pita.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Hey guys iv had some problems with my bike, first there was probably water in the gas when i got the bike so it did stall two times when i was out riding, so i changed the fuel and the problem was gone.

Now i had the bike sitting in my garage for a week and when i took it out it keeps stalling after about 5 min, let it sit fot a while and it fires up again but then stalls.

Whats the problem? Could it be water in the gas again? (But after only one week when not riding???)

Maybe a bad ignition coil that fails when getting too hot?
havya striped and cleaned them carbs mate?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts