Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, first post, I am riding a 99 CBR F4 here in the UK near London, just started to get a build going on the bike and lovin it!

So far....

2006 R6 Tail conversion, risers, straight drag bars, Streetfighter headlight, Danmoto 180 digital dash, relocated ignition to under the seat, made stubby exhaust from Danmoto Jisu.

The bike is running ok, I had to fit a new R/R as the old one got too hot so you can see in the picture, I have an inlet for it now to let cold air in, not sure if it will work. (Centre of the tail)

I am making the ram air scoops from the old ducting, and some fibreglass but I am stuck on how to bypass the solenoid?? I have looked on here, and loads of inferior sites but only find advice for the F3, my F4 has different pipe work from the carbs?? Unfortunately I don't have the know how to know why it should work just wanted to follow a picture!

You can see on the pics the pipes into the carbs, and on the airbox I have 4 holes so not sure what to connect to what and what holes to fill?

Any advice would be great, thanks for your time.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still searching the net, looks like the F4i works a treat, the carb model however is another issue. Found a good site with info but the guy gave up the challenge, converted back to full fairing. Chicken!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sv: CBR F4 first build (& ram air issue)

I've done this on my f3. Not sure how it works on the f4. But on the f3 i just switched the two inlet pipes on the solenoid around and it worked.

Does the f4 have 3 pipes on the solenoid valve? If it has you should be able to switch two of the pipes around and it should work. Hope you can this :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi mate, thanks for the reply, yeah it has 3 pipes. I have been looking a lot and some folks suggest that when you swap the speedo for a digital one there is a pink wire that controls the solenoid (on or off) and that needs to be grounded to the frame to sort out the sluggish performance? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I heard about that too and tried it out and i could not get it to work. (Maybe i got the wrong wire).
But switching around the two pipes from the front will do the sane thing.
There is a small intake and a big. It only uses the small intake when you are driving in first gear. In 2 3 4 5 and 6 it switches over to the big intake. Thats why there is a solenoid valve. And the instrument controls that. When you switch the two pipes around it will always run on the big intake in the front. Actually you could remove the valve and hook the pipe too the big intake. Hope you understand. Sorry for my bad english :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help brother, (your English is good!) I am still confused by it all! I tried to ground the wire out but that just stopped the fuel pump from priming? I just see so many hoses and I don't wanna screw it up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you can take a picture of the solenoid and where the hoses go. I can try to see what you should do :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mate, thanks for your responses, I have sorted it! I found a guy who had done it with pics, I will publish them here in a easy write up, the bike is running so much better now! yee haa! Thanks again buddy, ride safe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts