Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ass
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having trouble hunting down a used one and am not trying to drop $500 or so on a new one.

anyone know if there is a similar enough radiator that I can put it on my bike with minimal or no modifications?

i got the bike used and im pretty sure the (now failing) radiator on there now is not the OEM part for this bike - so theres gotta be at least one other radiator that will (sorta) fit.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
you have an F4, or you want an F4 radiator?

btw, there's like 3.1 billion used radiators on ebay, for pretty cheap too.

·
ass
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an f4 and want an f4 radiator, but i can't seem to find one. Ive looked through ebay, but couldn't find one... wondering if there is another bike whose radiator would fit mine.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts

·
ass
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is totally against the whole purpose of Custom Fighters, so i shouldn't even be answering this,
thats fair enough. I suppose that to be honest, im not too interested in heavily modding my radiator... seems like having a super hot custom tie rack. kinda boring you know?

failing - i think previous owner tried to stop some leaks in it with additives cause my bike is getting hot even after short trips. also - its leaking. In short - its not pulling its weight and needs to be replaced.

f4i radiator - not sure if they changed the interfaces for the radiator between the f4 and the f4i... you suppose it will fit? I not set up for welding aluminum so id like to avoid having to make too many changes to get it slapped on there.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
I imagine the F4i rads are identical, second choice would be a 600rr rad or something. I bet you wouldn't have to do anything to the radiator itself, worst case, you'll have to just remake a mounting system.

get your hands dirty bro

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
That radiator should work. BTW, CBR's run hot in traffic/hot weather. My F3 ran upwards of 220+ in hot weather when I'm not moving. Since you have a leak, and are gonna drain it, I would suggest flushing out the system, especially since that stop leak shit is nasty. Then I would add "engine ice", which is a blue coolant, you don't add water, and it pulled my temps down about 20 degrees on average.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts