Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

hi guys im new to this heres my cbr 600 h reg im choppping the back down and chopping the gs 500 plastic and fittinbg my quiestion is how to i jack the back up id like to go 2-3 inch higher

G

·
My advice is don't its going to make an already quick steering bike unstable if you jack the suspension that much

If its just a looks thing alter the subframe to get the tail section higher

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

well i went the route of rasing the subframe instead

still got more work to do on seat and plastics

whats your thoughts ?

should i have gone higher ??

·
Registered
534 Posts
That's a matter of personal taste really. Alot of the German style fighters I have seen ate pointing to the sky. Personally I like the rear pillion area evenish with the top of the tank. Good choice raising the subframe. I like where it is. Maybe a Lil higher?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mmy problom is ggoing to be making a seat to fit nice ive seen fibberglass seat pans but how do they fit a seat ccover as surly the stapple gun will cracck the fiberglass?

·
Registered
534 Posts
mmy problom is ggoing to be making a seat to fit nice ive seen fibberglass seat pans but how do they fit a seat ccover as surly the stapple gun will cracck the fiberglass?
There's alot of options there too. I think, and I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if the fiberglass is thick enough it'll be fine. Plenty of others have done it and they don't seem to have an issue. It looks like you already have a seat there? Or maybe take a stock seat that fits in the area, strip the foam and upholstery, and extend it. Use it as a base for your custom pan.

·
HipsterKillerGarage
6,484 Posts
4Cups is absolutely right. Jacking just the rear will reduce trail figures. Sportbikes tend to have low trail to begin with. Reducing it further will make the bike twitchy, and can also induce slap at speeds.

Regarding the subframe, I'd find a way to use a tail where the front has some kind of a natural line to the tank. As it sits right now it's like the tail fell down on the subframe. If you want something that's got a little kick to the rear but flows smoother check out some of the tails on ebay. One of our members sells them on there.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271873472356?nav=SEARCH

You can see how the pan area is flatter while the rear of the tail has a kick. Allows you to line everything up proper with that look. This is the one I have and his quality was good. He has others.

Just my two pennies on the subject.

·
Registered
388 Posts
On your friend's ebay link, they should post pictures of a finished bike to increase sales.

Jon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts