Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Minimal
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! New here, just arrived.

I just made ​​the decision to rebuild my CBR1000 Repsol -05.

I've been looking a lot for detailed descriptions on how to have managed to move the electronics (and some other stuff).

- Fusebox
- Fuel relay
- A vacuum chamber (with a relay connected)
- CDI (on the right side)
- Ignition heat sinker (?)... on the left side

First.. my only idea was to extend all the wires and try to get it into the tail cut. But now I have decided to cut off the rear frame behind the seat (and ofcours another shorter slipon)...

Ofcours its possible, and several guys have done this before. But this is my first rebuild of a bike, and electronics is not my strongest part :). I really have no idea.

Regards!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
You're going to have the harness run on the inside of the frame. Anything that you're moving like the ignition fuse box ect. You're going to have to with shorten or extend the wires to its new home. Make sure you have a good wiring diagram it'll help alot. Another thing is when you take the harness off label every plug so you remember where it goes and see if you need to extend or shorten it.

O yea pics help

·
Minimal
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're going to have the harness run on the inside of the frame. Anything that you're moving like the ignition fuse box ect. You're going to have to with shorten or extend the wires to its new home. Make sure you have a good wiring diagram it'll help alot. Another thing is when you take the harness off label every plug so you remember where it goes and see if you need to extend or shorten it.

O yea pics help
Im a bit affraid there is no space left to give them a new home. If i clear the tailcutts. Maybe i can put something besides the battery under the seat? I thought/think/hope there in some way is possible to replace the oem-parts with something smaller?

But maybe there is some more space e.g around the tank, airbox and so.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That rad hose is going to stay but you need to unhook everything on that part of the harness pull it back and run it on the inside of the frame its really easy.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Just did, damn what o snake nest.

But the CDI? Where to put that one?
Wherever it will fit. As mentioned previously you might have to shorten or extend wires to put things where you want them. A lot of guys find it easier to just pull all the wrapping off the harness, put things where you want them, and then re-wrap it.

·
Minimal
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wherever it will fit. As mentioned previously you might have to shorten or extend wires to put things where you want them. A lot of guys find it easier to just pull all the wrapping off the harness, put things where you want them, and then re-wrap it.
Yea im sure i need to shorten or extend the most of the wires. But still, i have no idea where to place the cdi. I dont know if everyone else on a cbr-project use a aftermarket cdi?

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Yea im sure i need to shorten or extend the most of the wires. But still, i have no idea where to place the cdi. I dont know if everyone else on a cbr-project use a aftermarket cdi?
How does going aftermarket help? You still have to put it somewhere. Put it under the rider seat.

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
That isn't a CDI, its the ECU(Engine control Unit) i.e. your bike's brain. The only aftermarket option would be for race only and would be identical in size. This will not have provisions for lighting and other street related items.

It needs to be located away from heat sources and mounted to protect it from vibrations.

If you haven't got a service manual with a wiring diagram, don't hesitate. It WILL come in handy.

·
Minimal
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That isn't a CDI, its the ECU(Engine control Unit) i.e. your bike's brain. The only aftermarket option would be for race only and would be identical in size. This will not have provisions for lighting and other street related items.

It needs to be located away from heat sources and mounted to protect it from vibrations.

If you haven't got a service manual with a wiring diagram, don't hesitate. It WILL come in handy.
Yea, wrong choosed word :).

Thank you very much for the information about heat and vibrations :pipe:

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
How much space you got under the tank cover near air filters and such?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts